Wow, the kids really didn't do well today with having daddy gone, being in another house, and not getting much sleep! They were all pretty upset today. Cole was throwing the biggest fits! Welcome to traveling with 4 kids for an extended period of time!
One disadvantage to being the sister-in-law to the primary president is that you don't get out of anything! I was asked to help sub the Sunbeams class. It was great though since Laina wouldn't go to class anyway.
Monday 12/7/09
I ventured to the grocery store today. It sure is nice to be able to understand everything that is being said!! It is weird to go places and hear Spanish. The kids and I are trying not to forget what Spanish we have learned but I have a feeling I'm regressing!
I am a list person and I really love to be able to mark something off my list. Today I was able to mark off that I finished my Christmas letters!! YEAH!!
Tuesday 12/8/09
I forgot how involved life gets until I came back to the states and tried to keep up with my blog. It almost seems pointless to write sometimes because I'm not doing anything super spectacular. Then I have to remember that this is our life even if it might be boring!
Wednesday 12/9/09
This morning the kids, me, Jamie, and her friend went to the church to let the kids play in the gym. It's been so cold here that it's hard to get the kids to play outside! The boys especially had fun running around and throwing the balls. My favorite part was when Jamie was pushing the switch to lower the basketball hoop...not realizing that she had the switch for the projector screen and I was on the other end of the gym pushing the switch for the basketball hoop. She couldn't figure out what was going on. Once I let her in on the secret, she said that that was such "A Hunsaker thing" to do! I hadn't realized what a bunch of pranksters I had grown up with!
Thursday 12/10/09
I was so brave today! With the help of my parents, I was able to drive across town to Meghan's house. I really, really, really do not like the traffic here! The worst part is that most of the drivers are pretty rude! I do look forward to getting back to my slower pace of life in Xela!
It was a great day at Meghans. I was so pleased to see all of the deal shopping that Meghan has done. She has definitely bypassed my abilities in deal shopping!
We also did some Christmas baking. The biggest struggle that I have had with traveling is that I haven't had my own Christmas. For me, the stuff leading up to Christmas is the most fun. Being able to spend time with my sister and my mom making our goodies really helped me out! The best part was that the divinity actually turned out!!
Friday 12/11/09
This morning, I went to a neighborhood cookie exchange with Jamie and my mom. It was amazing to see how much stuff there was!! Decorations, cookies, food, people, etc. There were some really good treats but I think my favorite were the sugar cookies. I am missing Brandi Lund's sugar cookies though!! Her's are my favorite!
We got tickets to go see the Nutcracker tomorrow so I thoughts I'd get the Barbie in the Nutcracker movie for the girls to watch to get them ready. I went all over town trying to find it. I finally found it at the first store I was by that said they didn't have it when I checked online! What a hassle!
Since the girls were all going out tomorrow, the boys all decided to go to a hockey game tonight. I was so happy that my dad, Matt, and Tyler were all willing to take Cole with them. He's been having a little bit of a struggle without kids his age so it really helped me out to get to go hang out with the big boys! He came home with a huge grin on his face!
Saturday 12/12/09
The day began with a wonderful Christmas breakfast at the church. It's pretty tough to make it to 8:00 things when you don't wake up until 8:00 though!! Needless to say, we were a little late and once again we missed Jamie playing the harp! I have to blame it all on Meghan for giving me the Twilight book. I've been up until about 1:00 for the past two nights reading. I just can't seem to convince myself to go to bed!
I have been putting off taking my girls to the Nutcracker for several years. With their recent interest in ballet, I thought that this would be a perfect time to go! My mom, Meghan, Jamie and Abby, and myself and 3 girls went. It was completely worth it to watch Alysa, Abby, and Laina's faces when the curtains opened and the ballerinas came on the stage. I don't think Alysa's eyes left the stage for the entire performance. During intermission, I took the girls to the bathroom and Alysa was trying to do ballet moves the whole way.
During the second act, Laina started to get tired, cranky, and a little loud. During a silent moment between song, Laina proceeded to say in her loudest voice, "This is taking forever!". Repeatedly!! How embarassing!
I think the girls favorite part was actually getting to see the ballerinas afterwards. Morgan even asked for a couple autographs!

Kristina! I finally had a moment to come peek into your blog! It's so fun to see your family and especially Morgan as she is so big now! We miss you guys and hope you're having a great time on your adventure!
ReplyDelete