Sunday, September 19, 2010

9/12/10-9/18/10

Sunday, September 12, 2010
At stake conference we were joined by two members of the Seventy. They sustained a new stake presidency. Afterwards I met the wife of one of them. She was very nice and was commenting on the new bib that I made for Sully's son. He is 20 and is severely handicaped. They usually have him wearing a bib to wipe his drool. I decided to make one of the bibs that my Aunt Jean made for my kids, but I added a tie on the front. It didn't turn out as perfect as I had hoped, but they were very happy with it!
After church, Paul and Deloy came over for dinner.  We made fish tacos with the halibut that I caught. Oh, it is soooo nice to have fish in the freezer again!!

Monday, September 13, 2010
FHE vs football.  Yup, football wins!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010
Chris checked out the country club pool again today and it was clean and ready to use.  So, the next question is, are we going to get a membership?
After choir, I took my friend, Emiliana, home and I am pleased to announce that we talked the entire way and I actually understood!! Yeah!!

Wednesday, September 15, 2010
We had a very interesting day today.  A helicopter landed in our development!!  Not once, not twice, but three times!!   We all had a blast watching it land and take off.  I was secretly hoping for a ride but it didn't happen.  
The kids hanging out in front of the house by the helicopter
A while later, Chris sent me these cool pictures of the temple.  He made it sound like he had taken the pictures. I was so jealous. Come to find out that the guy who developed the land for our community (is also an architect at the job site) took the pictures. It was his relatives that owned the helicopter and they had come to visit. The third time the helicopter went up, Alvaro went with them and had them fly over the temple.
Aerial view of the temple
Most of Xela is to the left of this picture
Since it is national independence day today, most people had the day of work.  It was very strange to have tons of people that are having homes built in the development here today, rather than the workers building the homes!!

So, Cole was complaining about being bored today so I somehow talked him into making a scrapbook page of his trip to Alaska.  I printed out some pictures and he got to work.  He was having so much fun that the girls all wanted to join him as well.  (Thank you Brittany for the cool scrapbooking supplies!!)
Alysa's page
Morgan's page
Morgan's second page
Cole's page
Cole's second page
Thursday, September 16, 2010
After school, the kids got creative and used their imagination.  They didn't even ask to watch t.v. or turn on the wii!!!  They went "camping".  They built a big fort in the dining room, built a paper and rock fire outside, packed every possible piece of winter clothes that they own, and managed to leave stuff everywhere!  Hey, all four were playing happily together while I got some work done!  I'm not going to complain too much about the mess.

Friday, September 17, 2010
So, on the morning walk around the neighborhood, we came across this little critter.  It was so interesting that I sent the kids back later with the camera to get a picture of it.  We've really been having fun outdoors "investigating" nature.  My personal favorite is the bright blue bird that I see each morning.  It loves to perch on the tennis courts but it won't let you get anywhere near it before it takes off for a different location.  
We had lunch with Chris and did a little pre-Christmas shopping.  We decided that since we won't be here much longer that we don't want to get a bunch of stuff for Christmas that we won't be able to take back with us.  So, we let each of the kids pick out something to use at the country club and we decided to get memberships as a family gift.  The kids had fun looking at all the swimming stuff and the different sports balls.

Saturday, September 18, 2010
To break the monotony, Chris suggested that we go out to breakfast at a restaurant called San Martin.  The kids love it there because it has a big playplace!  Afterwards, we went and paid for our memberships and made it official!  Of course we weren't home for 15 minutes before the kids were begging to go swimming.  
Yes, the picture is fuzzy.  I'll get some better shots next time.  The scenery is gorgeous out the windows!!
Chris enjoyed a book while I froze in the cold pool!  We did have fun though and I got a little bit of exercise.  I have got to be one of the world's worst swimmers!  I sure miss my friend, Brandy, and our water aerobics classes at her house.   I think she'd be proud to know that I did swim one lap without stopping and that Cole put his face in the water without plugging his nose....once!  
The showers were freezing cold also, so I opted to just run home in my swimsuit (the country club is right across the street from our development) to shower.  We got the strangest looks ever!!  I don't think people have ever seen so much white skin as they did today with 5 of us in swimsuits!!
To add to the excitement of the day, Morgan and I are going to help paint the letters for the entrance sign for the temple.  We had to go up to the job site and do a test run to see if the brushes were going to work.  We will be joining Sis. Chaney (her husband is the church rep here) and Sis. Lorenzana (her husband is the mission president).

No comments:

Post a Comment