We continued our visitors streak with a visit from Rich and Sharon. They came down to see Amy off at the MTC. We enjoyed a family get together at the usual Cinegrill. After Amy left, they headed down to Mesquite to move back into their 2nd home.
Chris and I got to participate in our first junior high parent/teacher conference. We really needed to talk with the computers teacher because Morgan has really been struggling to keep up. Unfortunately for her, we didn't do computer classes while we were in Guateamala.....and it is showing! All of her other teachers raved about her behavior and her academics.
Laina got to go to a pizza party at her primary teachers house. I thought she'd be nervous, but she felt right at home and had a blast. She seems to be making friends and loves her teacher!
Alysa was excited to go on her first field trip. The class walked across the street to Smith's grocery store to go on a tour and learn how things work there. She was excited to see her mom and little sister who happened to go grocery shopping at the same time!!
Cole was supposed to have scouts, but his leader didn't call to confirm the time and wasn't home when I called her. She didn't answer our text either. I think he was a little disappointed, but at the same time relieved. He doesn't seem to like the group of boys as much as the ones in Idaho!
This weekend we got to watch general conference. We watched the first session at home on Saturday, and then Morgan, Chris and I drove into SLC to watch the second session in the Conference Center. It was our first time watching conference live, and it was really cool. My favorite part was when President Monson walked in and everybody stood and was completely silent! I've never heard a room go so silent so quickly! It was a great experience for all of us!
general conference
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment