This song keeps popping into my head..."back to life....back to reality." UGH! I don't want to go back to reality. I am having too much fun having Brittany, Mitch, and Kaiya here. It's like I'm on a vacation also. The kids have enjoyed it also since I told them that they didn't have to do school all last week. We called it their spring break!
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end and I had to say good bye today. We dropped them off at the airport after seeing the temple.
The drive home was not a pleasant one until Morgan finally fell asleep. She evidently ate something wrong and was throwing up about every 5 minutes for the first hour or so of the drive. Poor kid! Other than that though, the drive was pretty uneventful.
Monday, April 26, 2010
There is a big volcano that is the backdrop for our town. It is called Santa Maria. Hiding behind it is a smaller but active volcano. It erupted today and sent ash throughout the sky. The day has been so hazy and overcast and just down right dreary!!
Tuesday, April 27, 2010
In addition to the lingering ash, it rained, and rained, and rained some more today. We are still trying to recover from our hectic week and this weather just isn't helping us mentally!! It also doesn't help that Brittany brought us a ton of new books. All we want to do is curl up in bed and read!! Who needs clean clothes to wear anyway?
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
So, the laziness is lingering way too long. The kids and I read all morning. We didn't get any chores done and no school work! We have got to get over this real quick!! Maybe if I finish my book I'll be able to move on! (Who am I kidding? I'll just start another one!)
Thursday, April 29, 2010
O.K. So we got our school work done today. I am counting that as a major success!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Another day of school successfully completed!! Woo Hoo! I even got the kids to file all of their papers without argument! We got a little cleaning done also and then the kids all headed to the park in our development for a girl's birthday party from the old school. The mother of the girl makes me soooo uncomfortable!! She is so overbearing and doesn't seem to care that I don't understand what she is saying to me and just makes me feel like a complete idiot. Anyway, I really didn't want to go to the party, especially when the kids came home and said that half the class that I taught last year was there! I finally sucked it up and went down, but managed to get away with only talking to the kids! They told me that their English teacher quit and they don't have a new teacher. I feel so bad for the kids at that school. The teacher turn over is ridiculous! There is no stability for the kids. Oh, well, it's not my problem anymore!
We had to leave the party early to go to the church so Morgan could babysit for a jewelry making class. She was so excited and looking forward to doing it. She had a bag of activities planned and was set. She wasn't quite prepared to have a little girl pee all over the floor though! I am pretty proud of her though. She actually cleaned it up. If it had been me (even now!!) I would have told the mom and had her clean it up!! She is definitely showing more responsibility.
On the way to the church, I had another "1st". To be honest, I am absolutely shocked that I have gone over a year without this happening yet! I hit my first dog! I was going down the street and two dogs came racing around a corner. I slammed on the breaks but the dog didn't bother to put on his breaks. I think the dog hit me more than I hit him. I heard a thud followed by a loud screach from the dog and then nothing. I couldn't see either dog and I didn't know if I should keep driving or if the dog was stuck under the van or what! I finally saw it limp off to the side and I kept going. The look of horror on the group of Mayan ladies faces was terrible. It was made up for by the old man across the street laughing his head off.
Saturday, May 1, 2010
For the past few weeks, all the girls in the family have had red bumps all over. They itch like crazy and won't go away. Laina has scratched hers so much that she is now covered in scabs. It seriously reminds me of when I was in first grade and had the chicken pox.
We had long over due trip to the market today. We got flowers for the church tomorrow, and a ton of fruits and vegetables. I even ventured to a new store to get 'manteca' or shortening. It was Q6.50 whereas the Crisco at the grocery store (when they even have it) is over Q40!! I am so glad that Sully told me what the Spanish word is for it and where to find it! I can't wait to make some sour cream sugar cookies with cream cheese frosting!!

No comments:
Post a Comment