Sunday, May 2, 2010

5/2/10-5/8/10

Sunday, May 2, 2010
It's been a while since I have felt pretty frustrated with my communication skills. However, it hit today. I get so disappointed when I can't figure out what people are saying to me. I don't know if it is embarrassment, fear, or what. Someday I will get over it though!
Sully told me about an institute class that read the entire Book of Mormon in 18 hours yesterday. They started at 4:00 a.m. and went until 10:00 p.m.. Sully teaches one of the institute classes and does a lot of catering so they asked her if she would bring in the breakfast, lunch, and dinner for them!
In May, there is a stake choir festival. I'm not exactly sure what is involved in that but I went to the practice today anyway. After having a frustrating day at church, not having Lily in town, and Paula not being there, I was a little worried about going. I bit the bullet and went anyway and had a great time. I am not what anybody would call a talented singer by any means. For the songs that the stake was practicing, there is another pianist so I got to sing. To make it even better, they were splitting up different parts and the altos were having a hard time figuring out their counting so the chorister had me and one other lady sing the soprano parts all by ourselves while the altos tried to sing their part. How embarrassing!! The chorister was standing up on the stand and we were down on the pews and some people were complaining that they couldn't see her. She got a chair and was standing on a chair in heels and a tight skirt. I thought for sure she was going to fall over! At one point they had me and the other lady stand up at the front to sing with the men's part. I was as tall as the chorister when I was down on the main floor and she was on the stand!!

Monday, May 3, 2010
So, I started another book that Brittany brought. I stayed up reading until midnight! I keep telling myself that I need to save the books for while Chris is gone to Utah, but I just can't stop myself!!

Tuesday, May 4, 2010
There is a big festival going on all week for the town that we live in. Apparently everybody was gone to the festival instead of coming to the church tonight. The piano class was only the teenage kids! I'm not used to being around just teenagers, but we had fun. I told them that we are going to have a recital in June. Some seemed excited but others, not so much!! After class, we waited for half an hour. Only one other adult showed up, so we opted to cancel choir. The other adult was Emiliana. She asked me if I wanted to go across the street to see the choir director that just had her baby. The baby was so tiny. He was about 4 #'s when he was born. He is now 12 days old and weight 8#'s. Most of my kids were that big when they came out!!

Wednesday, May 5, 2010
Today I am feeling very jealous and envious!! Chris left for Utah for 10 days. He gets to see some of my family, drive our van, eat at fun restaurants, go to normal stores, etc. His brother is also going to meet him there so they can go golfing! He's going to have a great time! Now, what am I going to do with the kids while he is gone to keep us all sane?

Thursday, May 6, 2010
UGH!! No slingbox!! What do to? The slingbox is our connection to t.v. here. Without it, there is no television. I had recorded a bunch of movies to watch while Chris was gone, and now we can't access anything. Guess we're going to have to be a little more creative.
Laina's not feeling well today. She laid in bed the whole day and didn't go to school. She's is as happy as can be but just won't get out of bed, and is really hot.

Friday, May 7, 2010
We finished a lot of school work today. The kids have tests next week. We went to the church in the afternoon so that Morgan could do her babysitting class. She loves feeling responsible. Alysa and Laina like to help out a little also. Cole is usually bored though.

Saturday, May 8, 2010
Wow, I actually slept in. It helped since I got woken up at 3:00 and couldn't go back to sleep for hours!! I was downloading movies and one started to play in the middle of the night when it finished downloading. It was playing music so I thought Morgan's alarm clock was going off. Luckily for her it wasn't!!
The day was full of movies, quilting, reading, playing, etc. Morgan started sewing her blocks together for a new quilt.
All things considered (being in a foreign country with 4 kids and no husband!!), I think we are all handling it very well and doing a great job of keeping busy and upbeat!!

No comments:

Post a Comment