Early this morning, Chris's paternal grandmother passed away. Only two months after her husband died. We are happy in our knowledge that they are now being reunited together and are no longer in pain.
We were also able to celebrate life today with Morgan's 11th birthday. I cannot believe how much she has grown up. I also can't believe that Chris and I are old enough to have an 11 year old! I think her favorite thing that she got for her birthday was the o.k. to cook dinner! She loves to be in the kitchen cooking....now if we could get her to learn how to clean up afterwards, we'd be set!
We messed around with the camera a little today. We need to get some updated photos of the kids.
Glasses that tint in the sun are not good for taking pictures outside!!
Monday, June 7, 2010
We are still plugging along with the homeschooling and finished our 100th day of school today. 80 more to go!! We're trying to decide if we're going to take some of their work with them to Alaska so that we can get caught up for next year. (We're off schedule since Guatemala's school year goes January to October.) We ordered the next years set of books today also. I sure hope it doesn't get too hard for me to keep up!
Tuesday, June 8, 2010
We invited Smiley Guy to the piano recital on Saturday. The Orellana boys helped me out so hopefully he understood what I was saying. The kids are so nervous for the recital. I don't blame them. I am a nervous wreck every time I have to play in front of people!
Wednesday, June 9, 2010
What a bad start to the day. Everybody is extra cranky for some reason today. It took a while but things eventually improved...a little!
Thursday, June 10, 2010
So, when can I start packing? Our trip is going to be here before we realize it. I just hope there aren't any more natural disasters between now and then that shut down the airport again!
Friday, June 11, 2010
Today we made over 100 chocolate chip cookies and another 100 Oh Henry bars for the piano recital tomorrow. I have NO IDEA how many people are going to show up. I was planning on the families coming but last Sunday they announced the recital to everybody!
Saturday, June 12, 2010
Morgan had her birthday party today. We went and picked up two of her friends from primary and went to lunch. Morgan picked her favorite restaurant, Wendy's. Afterwards, we took her friends to see the temple and then roller skating. I was shocked at how well Morgan communicates with her friends. And yes, I was extremely jealous that I'm not that confident! The girls seemed to all have a good time. Cole wasn't quite sure what to do without Morgan to pal around with. Cole asked Chris and I why we were such show offs. I guess being able to skate around without holding onto the railing is considered showing off! I haven't been roller blading in such a long time. I kept having flashbacks of all my wipe outs in the past.... and yes, there were many! Laina was keeping up the tradition and kept flopping all over the place. When Chris asked her if she was o.k., she told him that she had a big tooshy so it didn't hurt.
Morgan, Katy, and Irma
Laina and Cole
Alysa
Irma, Morgan, and Katy
The piano recital is finally over. The students did really well. I think they were all relieved when they were done! I am very pleased with how the whole thing turned out. I was expecting a lot more people to come though. There were several of the students that came all by themselves. I felt pretty bad that their families weren't there to support them.... maybe next time! I've already got ideas flying around for a Christmas recital! Maybe next time we'll have two classes to participate.
Lillian, Alison, Juan Fer, Astrid, Christian, Sebastian, Georgie, Elias, Juan, Kenet

All of the kids are looking so grown up! I can't believe how much time has passed since we saw you last!
ReplyDelete