Monday, January 10, 2011
Just another day.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
A while ago, Dave brought us some root beer extract so that we could make homemade root beer since they don't sell it here. I didn't make any because I didn't know where to buy dry ice. While cleaning out the cupboard last week, I found the extract and realized that the recipe on the box doesn't call for dry ice!! Woo Hoo!! Today we got the necessary ingredients and we made homemade root beer. It tasted like medicine to start out with but after a while it actually started to taste good. The kids were in heaven!
Wednesday, January 12, 2011
It has been so overcast and windy this week. Without the sun to warm things up during the day, it has been extra cold also! UGH!! I am so ready to be done with the cold!
Even though it was pretty windy, the kids decided to go out side and start making a club house. They are using one of the unfinished houses in the community. They stopped working on it before we moved here almost two years ago! It consists of cement blocks for the main frame of the house. The inside has become completely overgrown with plants. The kids set to work to clear out the plants. It was great! The four of them played together from lunch until dinner! I was able to enjoy some quiet time and get a few things taken care of.
Thursday, January 13, 2011
The kids continued to work on their club house today. Cole came home asking for some gardening gloves because he was getting blisters!
While they were gone, I finished the 7th Harry Potter book. Morgan has been giving me a hard time because she finished the 6th and has been wanting the 7th. I am finally free from Harry Potter and I can read whatever book I want now. Hum, which book will be next?
We used up the remaining ice cream and root beer to make root beer floats for dinner. Yum!! The kids and I decided that our first meal back in the states is going to be pizza and root beer!
Yesterday, I noticed that my tooth was hurting when I ate. I was wondering if a filling was missing. My suspicions were confirmed when I replaced the filling with a new carrot stick filling! OWWWWW!! The carrot when straight into my nerve and I thought I was going to cry it hurt so bad. The kids were a little worried because they didn't know what had happened.
Friday, January 14, 2011
The first question that crossed my mind this morning was: "Do you seriously think I can move?" My body is so sore! Not to mention that I am not motivated to do anything! Well, I sucked it up and we got the day going. We finished the week's schoolwork and other odds and ends. The kids didn't want to go outside to their club house because they were hurting so much also!
Date night consisted of a fun trip to the dentist. I am so thankful for a patient husband that made an appointment for me and went to translate!! After an hour of drilling, it was decided that I need a root canal. I was sent home with a temporary filling and instructions not to eat or drink for 2 hours. I knew I should have eaten dinner before I went!
Saturday, January 15, 2011
Chris was supposed to go to Antigua to pick up his passport from the lawyer that is STILL trying to get his temporary residency. Well, of course it will not be ready....AGAIN!! Guess Chris is going to have to make a trip (3 hours each way!) to get it during the week before we go to Mexico on Friday! UGH!!
Instead, we had a relaxing morning then took the kids to see the temple. It has changed so much since the last time we went. It is coming together slowly but surely.
Afterwards, we gave in and took the kids to the new Subway that opened by the temple. WOW! It was nice. It was huge, had tons of tables, had self-serve fountain drinks, etc. It was like we were back in the states. We all loved it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment