Tuesday, January 25, 2011
It felt good to start choir again. I didn't realize how much I missed the interaction with people outside of the house!! We don't have specific songs to practice from the stake so we're picking our own songs. The music coordinator and I picked the songs that people have gotten into wrong habits of singing. It is fun trying to break old habits!
Chris came home after a very long, frustrating, depressing, irritating, hurtful day. He spent some time describing to me what had happened. My protective nature automatically came out. I really do not like when people are not nice to my family! My natural instinct was to go chew somebody out. I guess I should try to control myself and let Chris take care of it without me causing more problems!
Wednesday, January 26, 2011
We finished up another set of tests today. Now the fun work of trying to correct Morgan's tests without an answer key! I don't know how they expect kids to remember all of the stuff that they do! Maybe my brain just has overload from studying four different grades at the same time. 6th grade is definitely tougher than 5th grade!
Thursday, January 27, 2011
I have been trying to do a better job this year of having music lessons, scouts, p.e., etc for the kids. By the time we get the regular school work done, I am just so burnt out that I don't want to do anything else. Today I forced myself to do a music class for Alysa and Laina. Laina loves to attempt to play the recorder. Her little tiny fingers never cover the holes so it never works but she loves it anyway. Alysa is really enjoying playing the piano. We haven't made much progress due to my negligence but I will try better! Now I just need to find the time to do Morgan's conducting and recorder lessons. Maybe I can trick Cole into playing the piano again also.
Friday, January 28, 2011
Today was definitely a club day. Cole and I somehow managed to get ourselves out of bed this morning. We were so tired so we didn't get much exercising done!
In the afternoon, the Bottemas came over and we went to the club again. The boys and little girls all ran around and did what they wanted. Polly and I did the treadmill for while. After I finished, I went to watch Morgan and Laina in the pool while I tried to get some of their schoolwork ready for next week. (No, I still have not finished grading tests!!)
After we finished at the club, we went back to the house where we met up with Chris and Paul. We left all the kids to watch Harry Potter and eat pizza while the adults went back to the club for dinner. It was delicious!
I am so thankful that the Bottemas are here in Xela. It has been wonderful to have other people that understand what we're going through. I am pleased that the kids all get along well also. It will be so sad when they go back to Utah!
Saturday, January 29, 2011
We had a very lazy start to the day. It was sunny and the kids slept in. I got up and sat in the sun reading until Morgan made me leave to go to a water aerobics class. The class was quite interesting. Morgan and I were the only ones that showed up for this first time class. The swimming instructor was doing the class and I'm not sure how much experience he's had with water aerobics. We did a decent job of understanding and were able to survive the class. It was hilarious when Morgan got the hiccups. They echoed in the pool and made me crack up every time!
After the water aerobics class, there was a introductory pilates class also. It'll be interesting to see if they get the classes up and running!
Sunday, January 30, 2011
I am starting the next piano class this week. The class has been full since December but for some reason they announced the class over the pulpit today. I've had so many people trying to get into the class. I feel so bad telling them that I don't have any more space.
For our family "primary", Morgan is really enjoying being in charge of singing time.....maybe too much? It is wonderful to sit as a family and discuss gospel topics. I also love hearing the kids singing the new songs that they learned throughout the week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment