Saturday 6/13/09
Oh, what an incredibly uneventful, lazy day! The kids and I hung out in our pajamas for most of the morning. It was so great to not have anything that absolutely had to be done!! We also went and played tennis for a while then ate more pizza!! What a great day!! Morgan and Chris finally made it back home safely in the late afternoon. It is great to have them back and the kids were all excited to be back together again. They spent most of the evening playing "school" together. They can't seem to get enough school!! Morgan was also having fun showing everybody the new clothes that she picked out in Guatemala City.
Sunday 6/14/09
Happy Anniversary to us!! I can't believe we've been married for 12 years. In that time we have lived in three apartments and three houses...in two states (Utah and Nevada) as well as Guatemala. We've had four kids....no pets that have lasted longer than a few weeks....and too many vehicles to keep track of. I am pretty lucky to have the best husband in the world (I know some of you might argue that yours is the best, but you are wrong!!) No matter what trials come our way, we always manage to work through them together. It is great to have a wonderful companion!
At church today, I talked to the bishop about trying to do a music class. I think he liked the idea but I'm sure that he is wondering how the heck I am going to teach a class when I can barely communicate!! I'm wondering the same thing! I am also thinking that it would be another opportunity for me to be forced to use my Spanish and to learn new words!!
After church, the kids let Chris and I sit in bed and watch a movie together while they played quietly. They were actually busy making anniversary cards for us. Of course they made me start crying when they brought them up to us. They each wrote something in their cards about what they like about us. It was pretty cool.
Monday 6/15/09
Today was the move at the school. All the teachers had to be at the school at 8:00 but nobody was doing anything. I finally went to the old building where my fellow 3/4/5th grade teachers were and they weren't doing anything either. The truck wasn't there to do the move and neither was the principal to give any direction. I wasn't about to just sit there with all of my kids and wait so I backed up the van and started loading it. We got all of the supplies taken to the other school and unloaded (3 loads!!) before the principal got there. She informed us that the truck wouldn't be there until the next day. A little while later she informed us that it wasn't going to come at all. I think she was planning on all of the teacher walking everything over and it taking all day. With the time that was left, we were able to organize a little and some teacher even got to decorate their rooms. I opted not to even start decorating since one classroom has to have a wall knocked out and be painted (supposedly to be done today!!) and the other was being set up by the Spanish teacher and needed doors put on. We are also waiting for shelves to put all of the stuff on since the old building had a ton of closets with shelves and the new rooms have nothing!! I was severely disappointed to see the size of the classrooms. They aren't any bigger than the other building....at least not my rooms. The third grade classroom is huge! Cole is loving it. It even has two balconies!! I also found out from the third grade teacher that our classes will not be allowed to use the playground for recess. We will have to walk out classes out to a vacant lot somewhere behind the school. None of the teachers are happy about that. I don't know how we are supposed to do it when we have some kids that have to stay late during recess. That is also the time that I use to check work and prepare to switch to the other classroom. It'll be interesting to see how things work out.
Today I really got to practice my Spanish with all the teachers and workers.. There is one teacher, Angie, that is very nice and is Laina's new teacher. (They moved Laina to a higher group). She was talking to me and I was concentrating very hard to understand her. She repeated words for me and spoke slowly. All the other teachers and workers were watching to see what I would do. I was pretty sure that I had it figured out when Teacher Deanna came down the stairs and Angie asked her to translate for me. Before she could, I told her what I thought it was and she said that I was right. Everybody started cheering and clapping. It was pretty embarassing, funny, and exciting all at the same time!
Since I couldn't really do much more with the rooms, I told them I'd come back on Miercoles (Wednesday) and left to meet Chris. We had a quick lunch then took him back to the job site. The kids were going crazy since a circus was in town in the empty field right below the temple site. After we dropped Chris off, I stopped and let the kids look at all the animals. There were lots of tigers, camels, hippos, tons of horses, llamas, monkey, etc. I think that made their day.
The day was topped off with a huge thunder and lightning storm. We were all counting after the lightning to see how far away the storm was. Laina was doing pretty good until we didn't even finish saying "one" when the whole house shook!! The storm was right on us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment