Sunday 11/1/09
With the time change today, church was even later!! I can not stand 1:00 church!! Laina was so tired during Sacrament meeting and was driving me crazy. I finally got her to sit on my lap and during the closing prayer, she fell asleep! Oh, well! I was asked to sub a primary class today but the teacher finally showed up so I went to gospel doctrine with Laina asleep in my arms. She is getting SOOOOO big and heavy! I was only there for a little while when the primary president came and asked me to sub a different class. It was fun to be able to interact with the kids again. They have all grown up so much. I was shocked last Sunday to see all of my old primary boys passing the sacrament!!
We left straight from church to go to Mesquite. Sharon had a huge meal ready. Cole ate so much food that he couldn't go to sleep at night because his stomach hurt so bad!
Monday 11/2/09
Today was spent in Mesquite. We finally took care of getting our fingerprints done for the temporary residency in Guatemala. I love the Mesquite police department!! We parked in the front row, walked in and were the first people in line, had two wonderful ladies helping us, the fingerprinting was digitial so no sticky ink on everybody, they only charged for one person, and then on top of that, they gave us candy before we left!! How much better can get??
I was also able to get all the rest of the things on my to do list done! That was the most productive day I've had in a while!! The only downside to the day was the my cough has returned!
Tuesday 11/3/09
Up and at 'em. We drove to Salt Lake City today. We had LOTS of pit stops along the way. The first was 1/2 hour after we got on the road. We stopped in St. George to visit my Aunt Edith. Laina thought we were at my cousin Claudia's house and started wandering around the halls looking for the toy closet! It was pretty funny.
Our next stop was in Spanish Fork to go to my all-time favorite grocery store, Macey's. I stocked up on some stuff that I can't get in Guatemala to take to Dave (Chris' boss) to bring down on his next few trips. The kids of course had to get their traditional monkey bar. (Banana creamy popsicle)
After that we headed to American Fork to drop off some stuff from the sister missionary in Guatemala to her parents. It was fun to get to talk to her mom for a few minutes.
Then, of to Riverton to Dave's house. Dave forgot to tell his wife that we were coming so when we got there, a car drove up and it was her. She was just dropping off dinner for the kids and then heading over to Jacobsen to drop off dinner for Dave who was still working. It was pretty awkward but she was very nice and let me leave all of the stuff. She also gave us the homeschooling boxes for Morgan and Cole. I can't wait to get them to work. No more "I'm bored" comments or it's back to the books!!
By this time the kids were hungry but still in the middle of a movie so I decided to cross a couple more things off of our list of places to go in the states and bought a pizza at Little Caesar's, and got slurpees at 7-11. We ate them in the van while the kids finished their movie!
We spent the night in SLC at my cousin Claudia's house. The kids love going there and it is always fun visiting with the Campbells!
Wednesday 11/4/09
The last leg of this trip. The drive to Idaho. I have to say that that is one drive that I don't particularly like. At least this time the skies were clear and we didn't have to go through a big blizzard!
We stopped by my Grandma Hunsaker's house on the way. There were leaves everywhere and Cole asked if he could rake the leaves. We didn't realize how much there really was and it became a family effort that we worked on forever. My Uncle Mark was there also and he cut a pumpkin off the stem for us to take. Grandma seems to be doing the same and getting around. She made lunch for us (which half my kids refused to even try!! UGH!! How embarassing!!) and then after a few more trips in the wheelbarrow, we were back on the road. (And I am still kicking myself since I forgot to take any pictures with Grandma!! She'll be 91 in a couple more months!!)
It was getting dark by the time we arrived at Brittany's. Nobody was home so we left to go find a bathroom. When we got about 3 houses down, Mitch came the otherway so we turned around. All the kids were with him except for Kaiya who had a basketball game that Brittany had taken her to. The kids instantly renewed their bonds and were off playing and being as silly as possible. They were that way until I finally forced my kids to go to bed about 11.
Thursday 11/5/09
We had al of our doctor visits scheduled for today. My appointment was first in the adult side. Cole was an hour behind in the pediatric side. I was worried that I wouldn't be done in time but Mitch (who's day off it was!) said that he would take Cole and meet us there. My appointment did run pretty late and Cole was done by the time I got there. He didn't seem to mind one bit though! We both got clean bills of health even though I can't stop coughing. We did go ahead and get flu shots just to be safe!!
Apparently while I was gone, Mitch got Laina and Alysa both warmed up to their big dog and they are now best friends. He also said that they were talking to him in Spanish. He was impressed with their vocabulary.
After the appointments, we ran home, ate lunch, then back again with all 3 girls. They are all healthy also and did great. Alysa however had to get 4 shots and screamed like crazy!
The remainder of the day was filled with kids playing and me relaxing!
Friday 11/6/09
I was so excited to begin my day with a trip to the Twin Falls Temple. It seems like it's been forever since I got to go to the temple. It was so nice to not have to worry about my kids. It actually is nice to have them growing up a little!! The younger two were still sleeping when I left. These late nights are taking their toll on them!
I can't get over how much fun the kids are having together. There was no school today so they had the whole day together. Alysa and Laina are fully enjoying Aunt Britt's dress up collection. It could take a year to try on everything!
Saturday 11/7/09
Another memorable moment for me today. I got to do 90% off Halloween shopping at Target....with my sister!! We've never gone together. I have to say that I was a little worried about both of us shopping in only one store but it worked out nicely. (I'm used to going to about 5 stores by myself!!) We got plenty of stuff. It helped that I had to limit myself a lot since I can't really take much back with me.
We had to hurry out of Target to get to Ryley's basketball game. We left the game early to get back to the house to get all the rest of the kids ready for their piano recital. My kids were so fidgety during the recital. Laina was beyond exhausted and finally fell asleep in my arms during the 2nd to last performance.
The kids decided to be wild and crazy and sleep in the backyard in a tent. They didn't realize that it was going to be the coldest night of the year so far! Cole lasted until 10:00. Ryley, 2:00. Drew, 6:00. And Morgan 6:30.

No comments:
Post a Comment