Monday, November 23, 2009

11/22/09-11/28/09

Sunday 11/22/09
On my way to take the kids to primary, I was asked to sub on the piano. It was weird trying to play the childrens songs again! I've never been very good at them! It was nice to be able to help out and feel like I was needed!!
All the lessons today were on gratitude with Thanksgiving coming up. I don't know why but the thought that kept popping into my head when anybody asked what you are grateful for was, a garbage disposal. Just a random thing that we don't ever think about until we no longer have it!!
I taught Cole how to play solitaire.....with real cards and not on the computer. I think it might keep him busy for a little while!

Monday 11/23/09
Over the past couple of weeks, I have realized that I need to spend more quality time with the kids. I am with them 24/7 but a lot of time I notice that I find things to do rather than play a game with the kids or read them a book. It is one of my many weaknesses that I really need to work on...NOW!!

Tuesday 11/24/09
This morning, I drove up to Mesquite to drop off Morgan and Cole. It was the most pleasant drive! Who ever invented the car DVD player and the wireless headseats is a hero in my book!! The three kids in the back got to watch a movie, Morgan sat in the front seat with a handheld DVD player and earphones, and I got to listen to Christmas music!!

Wednesday 11/25/09
The little girls and I decided to be wild and crazy today and we went out for pizza. We tried a new place that has flavored crusts. We got the ranch crust and Alysa went crazy! She loved it!! I have to admit it was pretty good also!
Chris is finally here! YEAH!! The girls asked me every 5 minutes to check the computer so they could see where his airplane was. They were so excited! Driving around the airport on the day before Thanksgiving was pretty crazy but we were able to find Chris without any problems and were very happy to be reunited!!

Thursday 11/26/09
Happy Thanksgiving. We drove up to Mesquite to meet all of Chris' family for Thanksgiving. It was nice to have time with family.....not to mention the abundance of wonderful food! It was a gorgeous day and we were able to spend some time outside. Cole had a wonderful time spending time with his cousins' son that is a year younger than him. He really enjoys spending time with other boys instead of all of his sisters all the time!!
After dinner, we began the packing to move Sharon and Rich's stuff into storage.

Friday 11/27/09
Today was the forever moving day. It began with a 5:30 wake up call from the dogs. Once awake, Teresa and I decided we might as well get some Black Friday shopping in. That was a waste of time for me since everything that I went for was gone!! UGH!! You'd think I'd learn! The rest of the day was filled with boxing stuff up, moving furniture out, cleaning, eating, waiting, moving more, cleaning more, and eating more!
We had to drive back to Las Vegas to meet with our renters. The boys finished at the storage unit 1/2 hour after we were supposed to have left so we had to rush to get home. It all worked out though.

Saturday 11/28/09
Chris and his brother, David, had to be at the airport at 5:00 a.m.! UGH! I drove them down so they could go see their grandparents in California. Even though it's a hectic trip, Chris is glad that he gets to go see them!
Since everybody was exhausted, we had a pretty relaxing day around the house. We're trying to be creative and find ways to use up all the Thanksgiving leftovers before we leave for Texas!!




No comments:

Post a Comment