Wednesday, November 11, 2009

11/8/09-11/14/09



Sunday 11/8/09
Church was another fun experience. My kids have been through so much with different primaries! Cole and Laina both refused to go. I was tired, they were tired, so we opted to go home. We had to wait though, until after the beginning of Relief Society so that Brittany could introduce me.
After church everybody was pretty tired but it didn't stop them from playing like crazy. Everybody was a little sad that it was the last day there though.
I have to say that I am extremely jealous of my sister's food storage room. I really miss my food storage but it was never anything like my sister's! She has a huge room specifically designed to be for storage. It has rolling shelves and even a root cellar! I had a blast helping her organize stuff.

Laina did a great job warming up to Tippy! Uncle Mitch is a miracle worker with helping the kids feel comfortable!






Cole might be ready for a pet if he went out and helped Drew pick up after Tippy!! I had to get a video of the boys giggling/gagging!
Alysa is the newest Dance Dance Revolution star! She has finally gotten the hang of it. Notice the lovely spandex purple skating skirt that she is wearing....used to be mine when I was little!



Laina in her gorgeous dress up outfit.

Monday 11/9/09

We left in the morning shortly after all of Brittany's kids left for school. My kids didn't want to go! We left with an "hasta la smoothies". It has become a joke in our family to say "hasta la ______" instead of 'hasta la manana". We did smoothies in honor of Brittany's many delicious smoothies that the kids loved.....except for the vegetable one!!

We made several pit stops along the way to Claudia's. I was able to get a lot of the "to do" things marked off my list! We even went to Cinegrill (with a wonderful coupon thanks to Brittany!) followed by a movie. I took the kids to the $1 theatre that I used to go to in college. To make it even better, they have family night on Mondays so any family with 3 or more people got in for $.75 each!! Not bad!!


Tuesday 11/10/09

Another day in the car!! The kids got up surprisingly early so we were able to get on the road at a decent time. Since we were out so early, I decided to wait until Provo for breakfast at Krispy Kremes..... another "to do" item marked off!! We hit a couple more stores in Provo then we were off for Mesquite. Once again we had great weather and a great drive!!


Wednesday 11/11/09

Rich and Sharon decided that they are going to lease out their house in Mesquite. Some people were coming to look at it in the morning so we spent some time cleaning and doing little touchups. The downside is that we now need to find a new place for the van or sell it. I told my sister that I wish I could just shrink it down to pocket size until I need to use it again!

We left Morgan in Mesquite with Rich and Sharon and the rest of us headed back to Vegas. It is so weird being back here and knowing that it will never be home again. It's a little depressing! It doesn't help that I am still not really feeling 100% physically!! Oh, well!

Cole had a great time going through all of his new homeschooling stuff. He said that it is easy-cheesy but we'll see how it really is when we get going!

Thursday 11/12/09

Cole and Alysa both got excellent reports on their eyes today at the eye doctor! What a relief! I am done with doctors appointments during our trip Yeah!! Now Chris just needs to do his when he gets here.


The kids did great so I took them to a little park that they used to go to.






Cole has continued to work on his cub scout stuff while we were in Guatemala. Tonight was the pack meeting and he got presented with his Wolf badge. He was very shy being around his friends. It almost seemed more so than when we moved to Guatemala.


Friday 11/13/09
Cole helped me get the Christmas containers out of the storage unit yesterday so I got to go through them today. I don't know what to do about Christmas? We won't have a bunch of room to take stuff back with us but I don't want the kids to get jipped. I hope they aren't disappointed. It was also a little depressing to go through all the stuff and realize we don't know when the next time will be that we'll have our traditional Christmas in our own home.....somewhere!! Oh, well. It's those new experiences that help build bonds, right??
Morgan and Cole were really excited that they got to go on another road trip to Phoenix with their Grandma and Grandpa. I hope they do well on the drive and that the dogs don't throw up on them!....or them on the dogs!!
It was kind of fun to have a relaxing day to hang out with the little girls. We did all sorts or craft projects, read books, visited with neighbors, and listened to Christmas music.

Saturday 11/14/09
I love garage sales. The girls got up early and got ready before I could even tell them to and we were out the door. I was surprised at how much fun the girls were having even though they weren't feeling great. We got lots of books and clothes for the girls. Nothing for Cole though!
At home, Laina decided to go lay down and take a nap. Alysa said that it reminded her of when we really lived here and Morgan and Cole were at school, Laina was asleep, Chris was at work and it was just me and Alysa. Unfortunately, she got really bored and was disappointed that Mary wasn't answering the door next door. She worked on a bunch of craft projects with her new 150 piece art kit from the garage sale. That lasted for a while but she was very excited when Mary came over to get her. Alysa and Laina spent most of the evening at her house while I sat in the house trying to get things done but not accomplishing anything.




No comments:

Post a Comment