The kids are all still fighting this bug that is traveling around the family so they all stayed home from church today. It was really weird to go to church with just Chris. We haven't done that in about.....10 1/2 years! The choir was singing the song that I have been totally struggling with and I managed to completely screwed it up!! How embarassing!! I did manage to redeem myself at the stake choir practice though. I didn't mess it up as much, but I was shaking like crazy and thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. I can not wait until the choir festival is over next week and I don't have to play this song anymore!!
Monday, May 17, 2010
Today was the first day of Calvert homeschooling for Alysa and Laina. They are so excited to do the work! It is funny how much they imitate Morgan and Cole! Alysa is doing so much better with her reading and writing! She has already read through most of her reading textbooks!! Laina is probably going to be a little bored with her stuff. I got her the preschool packet (She's still got another year before kindergarten even though she's done preschool forever and has attended full day school!! I wasn't even going to get her a homeschooling packet but I knew she would have felt so left out!!)
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Last night, Chris challenged all the kids to run 10 laps, do 10 push ups, and do 10 sit ups everyday. He said that if they do it, he'll take them out to lunch on Saturday. Cole took the challenge and he talked his friends into doing it with him today. They went a little overbored and were doing every possible exercise they could think of. They had a great time!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
Cole can't move today! He keeps complaining that everything hurts. He won't even walk up the stairs!
All the Jacobsen and church bosses are here from Utah for a couple of days. They invited the wives to go to dinner with them tonight. I left the kids to watch a new movie (Thank you Duncan!!) and met everyone for dinner. The only other time that the "big" bosses came down, I was in the hospital and didn't get to meet them so this was my first time.
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Another boring day! Wish the kids would get better!
Friday, May 21, 2010
The kids spent a huge chunk of the day doing their exercises. They got a little behind this week since they haven't been feeling very well. Morgan (who is the sickest of the bunch....at the moment) insisted on going out to run laps even though it was raining. She was not happy with me when I told her she needed to come inside and wait until the rain stopped!
Saturday, May 22, 2010
The duldrums have set in. Everybody is just in some sort of a funk that we can't seem to get out of. Maybe we'll get a little more excited when we have our plane tickets for Alaska!! It doesn't help that the flies are out of control! It has become a sport to kill the flies. We use the fly swatter, towels, books, and even our bare hands. They are driving us crazy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment