My Mother's Day began with a big scare by Laina in the middle of the night. She woke up in the middle of the night wheezing and unable to catch her breath. She'd start coughing/barking and then threw up. I had all of the worst case scenarios going through my head. How do I take her to the hospital when I can't communicate? Who can I call? Who will take care of the other kids? etc.
After a while I got her to calm down enough to fall back asleep in my bed. Of course I didn't sleep at all since I was listening every time that she breathed to make sure she was o.k. It was a very emotionally draining night!!
She was doing better in the morning so we all went to church. I had to play the piano so the kids sat by themselves. They did remarkably well!! All 4 of the kids had talks to give in primary also. Alysa and Laina refused to do it but Morgan and Cole both did an excellent job. I have to say that the primary here is so out of control that I can't stand to go in there, but the second that Morgan and Cole started talking (yes, in Spanish!!), you could hear a pin drop on the floor!! I have never seen such attention given to anybody! When Cole sat down, his friend leaned over and said that his face was red when he was up there. I am so proud of them. They definitely have more courage than I ever did as a child......or an adult for that matter!
We got to talk to Chris tonight. It was so nice to hear his voice and for the kids to tell him what has been going on.
Monday, May 10, 2010
Hoy es la Dia de Madres. (My sorry attempt to say that today is the Mother's Day in Spanish) I was blessed with breakfast in bed (burnt toast, 1/2 dozen eggs, and juice!), flowers (a bouquet of wildflowers that the kids had gone out and picked for me), cards (the kids had a blast with all the scrapbooking supplies that Brittany brought down), and a toilet paper head (Morgan and Alysa got quite creative and made a "mom" out of scrap fabric and a roll of toilet paper)!
Cole started reading 'The Lightning Thief' series today. (I finished the first one and told him he had to start it!) It is a series of books about Greek mythology. There is a boy that is half human and half god. He goes on all these crazy adventures and meets tons of mythological creatures. Cole has been studying Greek mythology this year so it has helped us both with our understanding and brings it to life a little more for Cole. It is so fun to have something special just for him and I to share. I told him that we'll go on a special trip to Greece someday.
Tuesday, May 11, 2010
Happy birthday dad!
The kids helped me make sugar cookies today for choir. I finally found out where to get shortening so we made sour cream sugar cookies. I was so mad because I couldn't find the cream cheese that I swear I bought for frosting. I couldn't find it anywhere so we went ahead and made a different frosting. As soon as I finished making the frosting, we found the cream cheese!! Oh, well. The cookies were still a huge hit, as well as the fruit slush.
Wednesday, May 12, 2010
So, somebody decided to send us a picture to rub it in that he is eating at all the fun restaurants!!
This is a family favorite in Salt Lake City. Every time we are there we have to go to Cinegrill for pastrami sandwiches and their special salad. YUM!!
Thursday, May 13, 2010
The kids are just taking turns being sick. Today it is Alysa. She stayed in bed most of the day and ate hardly anything!
Friday, May 14, 2010
Today was even worse for Alysa. She wouldn't eat anything, wouldn't go to the bathroom, wouldn't get out of bed, and was just outright miserable. She'd only stop crying when I'd rub her back. She didn't even get up when Daddy came home! Instead, she decided that it was time to start throwing up. Luckily I had been able to get her to at least drink some water during the day!! The only thing that came close to getting her to smile was getting to see her new homeschooling kit that Chris brought back with him.
Even though the kids aren't doing too great, it is great to have Chris back home. It is not fun be separated!!
Saturday, May 15, 2010
We made a little improvement today with Alysa. We finally got her to eat a little soup for dinner. She also got out of bed to take a bath!! She laid in the tub with only her little face showing through the bubbles.
Now that Alysa is starting to get better, it's Morgan's turn to get sick! UGH!! Some days I think we'd be so much healthier if we didn't have so many people to share our germs and pass the sickness around! That would be boring though, right?


No comments:
Post a Comment