Monday, November 22, 2010

11/14/10-11/20/10

Sunday, November 14, 2010
At church today, one of my friends asked me when we're going to start singing Christmas songs.  I guess that we don't have to wait until after Thanksgiving since they don't celebrate that here!!  Maybe next week we can start the Christmas songs!!
Just out of curiosity, is it better to change a song because the chorister isn't sure how to lead a 4/4 song, or because the pianist doesn't know the song?   For the intermediate song, I walked up to play it as the bishopric stands up and announces that the chorister has changed the song with absolutely no warning to me!  She didn't even bother to see if I knew how to play the song.  GEESH!!  Talk about being put on the spot!

Monday, November 15, 2010
I decided to be ambitious this week and start exercising in the morning.  I got out of bed to go to the gym and the second I made a single noise, Cole was up and ready to join me.  We didn't have very much time to exercise before Chris had to leave for work so we went pretty fast.  It was fun hanging out with him.  I love how excited he is to exercise!
Chris decided to follow Cole's example and tried to go to the gym after the kids went to bed.  Too bad we didn't know that they close at 8:00 on Mondays!  I guess the walk there and back was a little bit of exercise!

Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Today was a typical day of school and piano lessons.  We had choir practice on Sunday again, so no piano class and no choir tonight.  I could get used to having my Tuesday nights free!

Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Cole and I were wild and crazy today and got up at 6:15 to go to the gym.  We were going to sneek out, but Morgan had Cole promise to wake her up.  She still had pillow marks on her face when we got to the gym!
The exercising seemed to make a big difference in Morgan's activity level.  She actually got all of her school work done before lunch!  6th grade has definitely been more demanding than 5th grade!

Today was the last day of the quilting class.  I'm taking a break next week and then in December we're going to work on our service project.   We had 6 ladies show up today and only one was a member.  The ladies are so nice and patient with me!  Today, after class was over, 2 of the ladies gave me presents.  I was so surprised!  One was a placemat type thing that they said is typical here.  The other was a little basket.  When the lady had come in, Laina had pointed out her "Mayan basket".  Everybody has this type of plastic woven baskets to shop with at the market.  Morgan and I forgot a bag the other day so we bought a basket.   Anyway, she gave me the basket and then I was told that she made it for me!!!  I was so impressed!  I told her that the next class will be for her to teach us how to make them!
It has already become a fight between me and Laina as to who gets the basket!!


The big one I bought at the market.  The small one is the one that my friend made.
Thursday, November 18, 2010
So, I went visiting teaching again today.  I really struggled with the language and the lesson!  I guess I should have prepared a little bit more before going!  It was pretty awkward.  The lady that we went to visit is going through the temple for the first time this weekend.  How exciting!!
After we finished the visit, Vilma took me to Juana's (?) house.  She is the lady that made me the basket. The missionaries were there giving her the discussions.  It was pretty cool to go in and see such a humble place, see where she makes all of her baskets, and to see her learning the gospel!  What a neat lady!

Friday, November 19, 2010
After school, we had the Bottemas over to the club.   The boys all seemed to have a blast together playing every sport possible.  Polly and I got to work out a little and then I went to supervise while Morgan and Alysa swam.  It started raining super hard and the boys had to come inside.   I think everybody enjoyed themselves.
A little while later, the Bottemas came back to drop the boys off for pizza and a movie.  All of the adults went out to dinner at Chris's favorite Italian restaurant.  The system seems to be working out with all the kids getting along while we get some adult conversation......in English!!

Saturday, November 20, 2010
We got off to a really lazy start today since it was so rainy and we'd all stayed up late last night.  Chris managed to pinch a nerve or something in his back and could barely move today.
This is how the corn stalks are carried away.  Sometimes the load is so big that you can't even see the little trucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment