Chris and Cole returned home safely today. Cole was so worried that he was behind in his schoolwork. I had to admit that school was much easier with one less kid!
Tuesday, March 8, 2011
Good news! Good news!! The Bottemas are staying longer! They were supposed to go back to Utah this weekend but they have decided to stay until May!! YEAH!!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
Thursday, March 10, 2011
So, I was so looking forward to posting that my time at the dentist has come to an end. No such luck! I went in to have the crowd put on and it didn't fit!! UGH!! They have to send it back to the lab and I have to wait another week.
To make things even worse, we came home from the dentist, turned on the light in the kitchen and realized that the "biggest bug ever" that Alysa saw earlier was in actuality a MOUSE!! We have a mouse in the house.
Friday, March 11, 2011
With the event of last night and my restless sleep due to mouse dreams, I opted to forego school for the morning and clean out the house! Off of the kitchen is the maid's quarters. It used to be Dave's room when he came down but it has kind of turned into our packing room. I've got boxes of stuff to give away, as well as suitcases packed to send back to the states. Anyway, we completely gutted the room. We even took the bed upstairs to Morgan and Cole's room so that Taylor could use it tomorrow when he stays with us.
Chris is now teasing me that if he thinks the house needs to be cleaned, he'll just set a mouse loose and I might actually clean.
Saturday, March 12, 2011
The Bottemas had to go to Guatemala City for the weekend but Taylor didn't want to go so he stayed with us. Taylor and Cole spent most of the day at the Club. Morgan helped me design and cut out a new baby quilt to use up some of our fabric. We met a nice couple at the new Subway. They have been living in Guatemala for 9 years doing some sort of church work. After hearing them order their food, I am feeling so much better about my Spanish!!
The kids enjoyed their time swimming while Chris and I read, talked, and corrected homework. Yes, I have procrastinated correcting Morgan's history test for 1 1/2 weeks now!! Why don't they send an answer key with the curriculum???? 6th grade work is so much harder than the 5th grade!! I can't keep it all straight!
We topped of the day by eating my favorite pizza from Giuseppies while watching 'The Lightning Thief'. We also got one of our first big hail storm for the year. Let the rainy season commence!! I love the hard downpours! I love the sound of the rain on the skylights. I love the lightning storms over the mountains. I love the rejuvenated feeling. And I especially love the sun shining in the blue sky in the morning!
I have been slowly but surely working on reading the biography of Thomas S. Monson. Today Chris and I were talking about how we don't have a clue what the future holds for us after this job. It has been very trying not knowing where we are going next. I came home and started reading. This part from Bishop Burton hit home for me:
"When things are very difficult or very complex or have some implications that
are very challenging, he (President Monson) always relies on his faith.
'We're in the Lord's hands,' he will say.
'He'll take care of it. Do the best you can and don't worry.'"
(From an interview with H. David Burton, August 27, 2009.)
I really need to work on the "and don't worry" part!! I know that whatever happens, it will be for the best. The Lord definitely knows what our family needs more than we do!
We had the stake presidency in our ward again today. That is 3 weeks in a row now! Apparently there has been a problem with the bishop and they are needing to get a new one. Each Sunday we anticipate getting a new bishop, but no such luck. Next week is stake conference so it'll have to wait another couple of weeks.
During Sunday school, a member of the stake presidency handed me a paper and said that I have an assignment for stake conference next week. My first reaction is to panic! Then I looked at the paper and briefly trying to understand the Spanish. There were two words that popped out to me. Participate and present 20 minutes. My heart just about beat out of my chest. For a second, I went beyond panic! There are limits you know!! Chris played along like I was having to give a talk. I thought my heart was going to beat out of my chest. A few seconds later, I saw the word piano somewhere in the letter and gave a HUGE sigh of relief. Who knew that playing the piano for stake conference would ever bring a sigh of relief from me!! Wish me luck!
We have to leave the country again for Easter weekend. Chris might have a couple days off of work so we are thinking about going to the states. The cheapest tickets are to the east coast. Morgan is going nuts trying to decide what she wants to see and do. She is really into going and seeing the historical sites that she has been studying about. Cole is more into trying to the crazy food that he sees on "Man vs. Food"!!

No comments:
Post a Comment