Saturday, April 9, 2011

3/28/11-4/3/11

Monday, March 28, 2011
Another Monday!

Tuesday, March 29, 2011
So, at choir tonight, I totally screwed up.  We are practicing a song to play at our ward conference in July.  All I can say is it's a good thing we're starting early!!  I need a lot more practice!

Wednesday, March 30, 2011
Last month, Dave came down and brought a TON of books that I had ordered.  Cole has successfully completed reading at least 3/4 of them!  I am in the process of ordering more books.  I look forward to the day that we live near a public library!!
Cole and I went through all the books that he has read and he's been ranking them so that I know which series I should try to get more of.  It's pretty fun getting to sit with him and get an idea of what is going through his brain!

Thursday, March 31, 2011
You know it's a rough day when you start start the day with crying!  Chris informed me last night that there has been another extension for the temple.  They are now anticipating that Chris will be done at the end of August!  How are we supposed to know where we are going to live and get the kids in school when we won't even be done here until school is already starting in the states!
The kids had tests today for lesson 100.  To celebrate, we are having a 100th day of school party tomorrow!  I think everybody is excited for a change!
To add to my already emotional day, the internet went out and I have no outside communication, t.v., etc.

Friday, April 1, 2011
Today was our 100th day of school party.  We picked up the Bottemas and went to the mountain park to go on the cement slides.  We hadn't been there in a long time so I was glad that we didn't get lost!  The kids all seemed to have a great time.  Alysa was, as always, our hesitant one.  She'd go on the little slides but didn't want to have anything to do with the big slides.  Laina was loving going on the slide but only with me.  We finally persuaded Alysa to go down with me.  Poor kid!  We ended up getting a piece of cardboard (you ride down on cardboard so that you go faster and so you don't cut up your pants on the cement!) not realizing that it must have been waxed or something.  She and I took off down the slides and we screamed the whole way.  At the bottom  I was doing my best to stop us and not to let her fly off the end.  It was not the most graceful performance of my life!  Alysa's little heart was beating so fast and she said that she felt like she was falling out of the sky whenever we got air born on the bumps!
Even after the ride of her life, Alysa eventually got the courage to go down by herself (with a lot of time and patience from Cole and Taylor!!).  After that, we couldn't get her to stop.  When everybody else was  finished, Alysa and Laina were just getting started!
Cole tried the "fast cardboard" next and said he would never do it again.  What a rush!  Everybody got a turn but I think some of the fastness was wearing off!
Walking back up the stairs to the top.  I think the kids will sleep good tonight!
Alysa and Laina warming up on the little slides.


L-R: Carson, Cole, Taylor, Morgan, Laina, Alysa
Morgan and Carson on the slides.

It has been such a blessing for us to have the Bottema's here.  The kids (especially Cole) have really enjoyed having kids to hang out with that understand how they are feeling! 
When Chris got home, we went to the club for dinner to celebrate.  Each kid brought their collection of 100 things.  They did a few other activities during the day and I think it was an overall success!

Saturday, April 2, 2011
Day 3 with no internet!
It was general conference today and since we didn't have any internet, so we went to the temple site to use theirs.  We sat in the conference room and watched conference on the projection screen.  The kids did remarkably well and actually sat for almost all of the talks.  It helped that we took some coloring pages and conference activities.  
I received excellent news between sessions.  Meghan got a freezer!!  She said that it is a little smaller and older, but it was cheap and it will be much better than no freezer!!  I am so excited!

Sunday, April 3, 2011
Day 4 no internet!

It is amazing to watch the prophet of our church speak in general conference on a screen that is right above where the last piece of the temple is sitting.  In several months the prophet will be placing that piece on the temple himself!!

It was also pretty cool looking around the room at the blueprints and the artist renderings of the different rooms in the temple.  The picture of the baptismal font is actually coming to pass!!  The stain glass is actually installed in places!  There is gold decorative painting in some rooms!  It is coming together.  This is really going to be a house of the Lord!  And we were able to be a part of it!  What a humbling experience this has been for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment