Monday, May 23, 2011

5/16/11-5/22/11

Monday, May 16, 2011
I LOVE getting stuff sent here!  Eric (the architect for the temple) came down today and brought one of our suitcases full of books that I'd ordered!!  YEAH!!  Cole has been without a book for way too long.  He also brought our Ensign, Friend, and New Era magazines.
We took Elias to get pants and Cole to get his suit.  The girls and I just dropped them off to meet Chris, then we went to get dinner at one of my favorite fast food restaurants here, Pollo Campero.  I was quite proud of myself.  I didn't get flustered once!!

Tuesday, May 17, 2011
Today consisted of piano lessons, school, choir, and packing.  Dave is coming down tomorrow with a bunch of other people.  They are going to take some bags back for us so I trying to get everything ready.    I am really going to miss my great friends that I have in the choir.  They really keep me going and encourage me.  I seriously doubt that I could have survived the time here if it wasn't for my calling, the choir, and our ward.  They have been such a blessing for me!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011
We made cookies, and more cookies, and more cookies today.  That is our shipping fee for Dave!  He's been a good sport with lugging stuff back and forth for us!   With Dave being here, that usually means an extra long day for Chris.  The job has definitely been a struggle, but I still hope that it will be worth it in when it is finished!  The end is in sight though.  The first presidency announced the date for the dedication for December 11, 2011!!!

Thursday, May 19, 2011
In addition to the bag that Eric brought on Monday, Dave also brought a couple more books and some candies for the kids.  The kids begged to have a "movie theater".  Morgan made fake money and tickets, and we set up a little booth where the kids could buy what they wanted and then they all watched How To Train A Dragon. 

Friday, May 20, 2011
The church made the official announcement of the temple dedication date today.  It is sad that we won't be here for the open house, and we're not even sure if we'll be here for the dedication.  I thought it might be nice if we went to El Salvador for their open house so the kids could see what a temple looks like when it is completely done and the furnishings are all put in.  Their open house is the first two weeks of July so we might be able to slip a quick trip in before we leave.
During another thunder storm, Cole asked me if there are storms in Utah and Idaho.  I told him that they have them every once in a while.  "But not all the time like they do here?" was his reply.  He said that he is going to miss the storms.  I think we all are.  The second we hear the rain start, Morgan starts to smile.

Saturday, May 21, 2011
Our landlord is coming next weekend and needs to take pictures for a potential buyer.  This morning we cleaned, rearranged, cleaned, and cleaned a little more.  We have a little room downstairs that has turned into the finished room.  Everything that we are finished with goes in there.  One section is the stuff that goes back to the church.  Another section is for all of the stuff that we plan to give away.  The last section is the stuff that is ready to be packed to send back to the states.  We are slowly but surely clearing stuff out and getting ready to leave.  We think we have about 8 more weeks until we leave.  It still seems like a long time but to make an international move, it'll be here quicker than we realize!
We went to see the progress on the temple also.  It has changed a lot since our last time there.  The tile, woodwork, and paint is coming along nicely.  The grounds look amazing also.  The main drive into the temple has been put in as well as the front gate.  I am anxiously awaiting the completion of the baptismal area with the oxen being put into place.
On our way to the temple, we passed this sign.  I think I scared everybody in the car with my excitement!  This was the first garage sale sign I have EVER seen here!  I was so excited that I even had Chris drive by it after we finished at the temple. I can not wait to go to garage sales again!


Sunday, May 22, 2011
Right as I was heading down to start dinner, Herman Sarat stopped by our house.  It is her son that just left on his mission.  Apparently the backpack that he took wasn't acceptable and he had to get a different one.  Luckily, I had an extra one (our 72 hour kit) that I gave to her.  She proceeded to tell us her life history.  I think I completely tuned out after the first 15 minutes. She talks way too fast and way too much for my poor brain to understand!
I had to leave to help with a music directing class at the church, so I never did get dinner made.  I was the first person called on to do something.  I was a little confused as to what I was supposed to do, so I ended up asking for somebody else to go first so I could follow their example!  How embarassing!  I really had planned to be fluent by the end of two years here.....no such luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment