Monday, June 20, 2011

6/13/11-6/19/11

Monday, June 13, 2011
I really wasn't too excited about home schooling the kids when we got here.  I have to say that it has been a great experience though.  It has been wonderful to get to spend the time with the kids and to learn what they are learning, and to watch them grow.  Today, Morgan was studying thunderstorms....... while we were having a thunderstorm at the same time.  It is so fun to be able to apply the things that we are learning!!

Tuesday, June 14, 2011
Nothing too new today.  We packed another bag and finished more school work!
The kids and I had fun wandering around taking pictures.  Here are a few.


This is the warmest place in the house so it is where I always sit for school time.  Morgan is outside taking a pictures.  It's kind of trippy seeing her body and mine at the same time.


Wednesday, June 15, 2011
The kids have been playing in the rain a lot.  They love it.  I was teaching piano lessons today and Alysa and Laina road their bikes the whole time.
We are getting so excited to go back to the states.  We are also getting excited that school is almost done.  The kids are counting down the number of lessons that they have left.
We are also working to use up the food storage that we have.  It's going to be pretty boring eating for the next while!!  It'll make us enjoy the restaurants in the states even more!!
The little yellow bird that has been hanging out next to my window lately.
Thursday, June 16, 2011
The kids have been begging to go roller skating for ever!  I finally gave in and agreed to take them roller skating, after they went to the fabric store with me!  I have been working on making quilts for all of our friends that we have made here.  I have a few more to finish up, but needed to get some more material.  The kids were great helpers at the store.  We stopped at Subway (where one of the employees introduced me to another employee as Chris's wife.  I guess he eats there a lot!!)  for lunch.  The kids thoroughly enjoyed their two hours of skating.  There were a few wipe outs, a few tears, but mostly smiles!  Laina was even trying to do it on her own a little.  I was very happy to see Cole trying to help Alysa and Laina.  Afterwards, they were all exhausted.
Cole and Laina.  Morgan was too fast to get a picture of!
Alysa was doing much better than last time!
The kids spent the rest of the afternoon watching t.v., while I quilted and listened to the rain.

Friday, June 17, 2011
The kids were bad influences on me today.  They kept asking to pack stuff, throw stuff away, take pictures off the wall.  I don't know what we are going to do during our last couple of weeks here!!
For school, we had blue day.  Everybody dressed in blue.  It was supposed to be crazy hair day, but Cole is still trying to recover from his last hair cut (we couldn't remember what number of guard to put on and used the wrong one!!).

Saturday, June 18, 2011
Chris forgot to put on his sunblock yesterday and is soooooo sunburned.  He wasn't really wanting to do much of anything.   Morgan help me organize the quilts to give away to our friends.  I still have a few to finish up!  The kids helped clean, do inventory of the things we have to give back to the job, pack another suitecase, etc.  To top of a productive day, we ate dinner at Giuseppies!!  Alysa wanted to try our Mexican pizza so I told Chris we'd have to order two of them!!  Yeah, leftovers tomorrow!!

Sunday, June 19, 2011 (4 weeks to go)
I can't believe that we are only going to be here for two more Sundays.  Wow!  We started to make visits to some of our friends to get pictures and to deliver quilts.  The Orellanas were the only ones that were home though.  We also took bags of caramel popcorn and Father's Day cards to all of the gringos that are here without their families.
Giving Lily Orellana her quilt.

No comments:

Post a Comment