7 more weeks until we go back to the states!
Tuesday, May 31, 2011
This afternoon, the missionaries sent me a message to see if I would be available to play the piano for a baptism this Friday. I don't have other plans, so I agreed. I didn't realize that they were wanting to me accompany them for a special musical number! At choir they brought me the music. Five pages of hard music to a song I've never heard of!! And they want me to be ready in 3 days!! What were they thinking???
I also got to spend some time helping Sully think of some menu ideas for the temple open house and dedication. If anybody has any good ideas for nice meals to serve to 40-60 people for breakfast, lunch and/or dinner, please let me know!!
Wednesday, June 1, 2011
We are all a little "trunky", to say the least. We are all ready to head back to the states, but I fear that the next while is going to miserable if we don't come up with some ways to stay busy. So, a few weeks ago, we decided to have special activities on Fridays. This week we are having Greek Mythology Day. The kids are all so excited. Today they started working on making their costumes. Cole is going to be Poseidon, Morgan is Athena, Alysa is a centaur, and Laina is Artemis. My costume will not be unveiled to the kids until Friday. It is driving them crazy!!
Thursday, June 2, 2011
I spent as much time practicing the new song as I could today. I keep crossing out notes that aren't as important and I'm only focusing on the ones that I really need!! Call it the lazy way. I call it the only way!!
We are so close to the end of the school year that we can just taste it! Next week we have a review day and then tests. After that we have 4 more weeks, another review day and the last test! So close, yet so far away!!
Morgan had an interview with the bishop tonight. Her birthday is next week and she will be moving up to Young Women's. She was hoping to meet with one of the counselors that speaks some English. The bishop wanted to be the one to interview her, so she was pretty nervous. She did the entire interview in Spanish and understood what was going on. She was all smiles afterwards, and was very excited to show us her very first temple recommend. She wants to go on the next youth trip to Guatemala City.
While Morgan was in her interview, I practiced the piano with the missionaries. I was so nervous, but the sisters kept reminding me that they were praying for me and that they had faith that I would be fine, and that people would be able to feel the spirit. How could I argue with that?
Friday, June 3, 2011
Today was mythology day. After lunch, we all put on our costumes. The kids had some mock battles outside. We also tried to play a game of capture the flag but it didn't work out too well! Afterwards, the kids decorated brown lunch bags with Greek stuff. They filled them with popcorn to eat while they watched Percy Jackson - The Lightning Thief. Everybody had a great time. They want to do Harry Potter Day next. I think I need a week or two for my creativity to be replenished!
| Our centaur. 1/2 horse, 1/2 human |
| Poseidon - God of the Seas |
| A disappointing attempt at Medusa, the snake hair lady. |
| Artemis - Goddess of the Hunt |
| Athena - Goddess of wisdom |
| Our crazy kids. |
I went early to the baptism to practice. The missionaries asked if we could start our practice with a prayer. Sis. Keller is so in tune with the spirit. She has really helped me remember some simple principles that I don't always think about! She asked that the Lord would be with us, to be calm and comforted and that everybody would be able to feel the spirit. She didn't pray that we would play the song and not mess up. How often do I worry more about messing up rather than inviting the spirit?! It was a good testimony building experience. Too bad Sis. Keller is going home next week!! She will be missed.
Saturday, June 4, 2011
The president of Jacobsen came to visit today. Chris was able to visit with him and walk the job site.
Sunday, June 5, 2011
What an emotional day! Fast Sundays always make me extra emotional! It was also the last Sunday for 3 of the 6 sister missionaries in our ward. The other three don't know if they will be transferred or not. I was also feeling sick. The rest of the family has had colds. I think it finally hit me today. Then to make things even worse, I was asked to speak in sacrament meeting next week. UGH!! Don't I do enough outside of my comfort zone here??
Cole gave a talk today in Spanish in primary and did an excellent job. We also had a really good "Whitney" primary and were able to share some feelings, experiences, and testimonies.

No comments:
Post a Comment