Monday, June 27, 2011

6/20/11-6/26/11

Monday, June 20, 2011
Aren't kids supposed to sleep in?  The three youngest kids all got up at 6:00 this morning so that they could go to the gym with Chris and myself.  Cole goes everyday and NEVER sleeps in but, the girls usually sleep a lot longer.  They enjoyed watching t.v. and running around while the rest of us tried to work out!  Morgan didn't even know that we had left!
I took Morgan driving around the neighborhood today.  It brought back so many memories of getting yelled at!  It was hilarious hearing my parents voices in my head when I was saying the exact things to Morgan that they had said to me.  "Stop....STop....STOp.....STOP!!!!"

Tuesday, June 21, 2011
My friend, Sully, made us dinner tonight.  It was empinadas (I have no idea what they're called or how to spell it!)  and doughnuts.  I was able to give her the blanket I had made for her, as well as give her kids their piano lesson.

Spencer, Natali, Sully, Morgan, Cole, Alysa, Laina

I was also able to give a few blankets to my friends, Sesi and Paola, at choir tonight.  When we moved here, Paola was pregnant with her first child.  Her baby shower was the first one that I went to.  I had no idea what people did for showers here, and I hadn't been able to make any baby blankets yet, so her little girl didn't get one.
Paola's little girl. 

She is now pregnant with her second, so I gave her a blanket for each of her kids.  Sesi is her sister and isn't married yet, so I told her she would have to save the blanket when she got married and had a baby......or use it to snuggle on the couch and watch t.v.!
Josue is the cousin of Paola and Sesi.  I told him he'd have to share with them!!
Sesi and Paola


Wednesday, June 22, 2011
Today was the ward temple trip, so I didn't have any piano lessons.  It was a good thing because I was up with a sick Laina during the night.  I was exhausted and was so happy that she would snuggle with me and take a nap!!   Lately she's been saying, "What is a Sunday with out snuggling with Daddy and watching football?"  She sure knows how to get her Daddy wrapped around her little finger!
Half the sky was gray storm clouds, and the other side was blue skies.  Chris took this picture while at work with the sun shining on the temple.
Thursday, June 23, 2011
We are working on using up all our food.  We still have a bunch of wheat, so we are eating wheat everything!  Crepes, pancakes, waffles, bread, pretzels, muffins, biscuits, etc.  The kids are actually enjoying it!!
Morgan was sick and in bed all day!!  We seem to have a little bug that we are passing around.  Hopefully it'll all pass before we leave!!

Friday, June 24, 2011
We have a new missionary in our ward that just happens to be from our old ward in Vegas!!  She actually moved out of our ward right after we moved in so I didn't know her, but I knew her grandmother.  I met Hermana Bunting earlier in her mission, but she is now in our ward!!  We have 4 of 6 gringas serving in our ward now!!  Hermana Bunting and her companion came over to visit us (we haven't had missionaries over in forever!!).   Hermana Bunting goes home the 1st of September, and her companion goes home the 20th of July, so we made each other very trunky!!
I think we're going to have to have a 4th of July BBQ with all of them since it is on a p-day!
Chris went up to Guatemala City to take people back to the airport.  He is staying overnight so he can go golfing in the morning and to have a possible buyer look at his car.  I was so excited to put the kids to bed, snuggle up on the couch with my pillows and blanket, and watch a chick flick all by myself.  I haven't done that for a long time!  I even saved a brownie for the special occasion!

Saturday, June 25, 2011
Chris had an enjoyable morning of golf with his co-worker, Tom before he left to go back to SLC.  They were invited to go with one of the ITSA (the local contractor on the temple job) owners.  He seemed much happier afterwards.  I think it will be very nice for him to get back to the states so he can have some hobbies again!!


Tom, Jose Jorge, Chris
The kids are getting very creative with things to keep busy, and to finish up the stuff that we have in the house.  Today they were making puppets out of old socks and scrap fabric.  Afterwards, they put on a play for each other.  It was great!

Sunday, June 26, 2011
Three weeks to go!!  It is coming up so fast!  We have only one more day of church here!  Next weekend we will be in El Salvador to go to the temple open house there.  We thought it would be good for the kids to see what a temple is like after all of the furnishings are put in.
I have decided that my kids are abnormal.....in a good way!  Every Sunday they all get up early and get completely ready for church before Chris and I even wake up!  They even help each other with their breakfast and hair!!  They are usually sitting downstairs reading a book with their scripture bags next to them all ready to go.  It sure makes a big difference when we aren't have to fight them to get ready!

After church we gave away three more baby blankets to some of the sisters in the ward.  We also went to visit 3 family's homes in the afternoon.  


Maggie is the new FIG leader at church.  She's also in the choir with me.  
The Almazan and Whitney families. (Luis, Spencer, Sully, Luisito, Natali)
Emiliana, Lilian, and Alex Beletzuay.  Emiliana was my first visiting teacher  and is also in the choir.  She has always been a great friend to me and always patient.
Emiliana shared some of her peaches and cherries that she grew and canned.
The Sac's: Sammy, Alfredo, Blanca, and Kenet.  Alfredo helps fix everything at our house.  Kenet is one of my piano students, and they all sing in the choir.
The Hernandez family.  Vilma is my visiting teaching companion and doesn't let me get out of it either!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment