We got to can spaghetti noodles today. Brittany got an amazing deal on spaghetti noodles. We decided to can some since there are so many. We might not have a house, but at least we won't starve!!
Chris and I got to go on our last date before he heads back to Guatemala. We enjoyed some delicious Mexican food. There was so much food! We are not looking forward to Chris leaving, but it means that it'll be closer to him coming back and us moving on with our lives.
Tuesday, July 26, 2011
Chris and I were able to get up really early (we're a little off schedule!) and do a temple session together. It's been a while since we have been able to do that. It was very nice to be together. Afterwards, he gave each of us a blessing before he had to leave.
In addition to having a tearful goodbye with Chris, I then had to say good bye to Morgan as she left for girls camp. She was a little nervous, but I think she was relieved when some of her new friends came right up to her and included her in everything.
| Twin Falls 13th Ward Young Women |
Alysa and Ryley decided that they wanted to do a "kids camp". They have planned an activity for the younger kids to do each day. They are all excited....except Cole. He's kind of on his own this week since Drew is gone to Scout camp. Instead of going to the kids camp, he helped Brittany and I clean up/organize her storage room a little. He earned a bag of dinner mints and was a happy camper.
Wednesday, July 27, 2011
Chris went into work today to drop off the truck and to get a ride to the airport. When he arrived, he was told that he had to meet with the CEO again. He was wearing his shorts and was ready to travel! He went in and was told that they had cancelled his flight to Guatemala and they were going to change him to a Hawaii project. He met his new boss and got a very brief overview of what he is going to be doing. He ended up getting a flight that night so that he could finish up the Guatemala job and get all of his stuff taken care of there. He has to be back and starting his new job on Tuesday! The job will require him to be based out of the SLC office and traveling to Hawaii about once a month. (Poor guy!) It is a huge relief to know what job he will be doing. It is just happening all at once! Now I have to find a house!
Although Cole was a little bored this week, he wasn't completely forgotten. He got to go to a real cub scout meeting tonight. (Unlike the random activities that I would attempt to do!) He was able to make new friends and was really excited. The first thing he told me when he came out was that he needs a uniform. Add it to the list of things we need to get!
Thursday, July 28, 2011
Meghan has given me a hard time about acting like a person who has fallen off a horse and won't get back on. She is referring to my hesitation to go deal shopping. It has been so hard since we haven't known where we were going to be sent next. Well, now that we know we'll be in SLC, I went to the Target 70% off toy sale. I ended up getting a lot of Christmas and birthdays done for the next year! While we were out shopping, Cole was babysitting Trey, and Chris was stuck for 5 hours on the highway from Guatemala City to Quetzaltenango after flying through the night. I feel so sorry for him!
With Chris gone to Guatemala, Tyler gone to Idaho Falls, and Mitch working all night, we had a girl's all nighter. We watched a bunch of movies while the kids camped out upstairs. Great times!
Friday, July 29, 2011
I have spent all my spare time looking at houses on the internet. We are still not sure if we need to rent or buy, and what area. We are thinking possibly Davis County, but we're not completely sold on anything.
While waiting for Morgan to return home from girls camp, I stopped at a garage sale. I am so happy that I get to start going to garage sales again!
Morgan had a great time at girls camp and made a lot of new friends. She is really liking being older and doing new things.
Saturday, July 30, 2011
I was able to go to more garage sales today. The best find was a bike for Cole. I wasn't sure if it was the right size, right color, right style, etc. Meghan talked me into getting it and it was the best decision ever!
Laina wanted to a find a stuffed bunny to buy with her tooth fairy money. Instead she ended up getting two free care bears and she was ecstatic.
We also got to celebrate Siena's first birthday. We had a party at the Snake River. The kids enjoyed playing in the water, playing football, eating shish kabobs, and having an exciting cake fight.
| All the cousins and Aunt Brittany |
| The birthday girl. |
| Lucy, Mitch, Brittany, and Drew Moffitt |
| Lucy |
| Ryley after the cake fight. |
| Cole and Drew hanging out. |
| The instigators in the cake fight! |
| Morgan almost got away clean. |
| Alysa and Lucy. Alysa is very happy that she is able to hold babies now. |
| The clean up in the stream. |
| Trey was not involved in the cake fight....this is just the normal! |
The kids loved primary and young womens! I am so happy!!! It makes such a huge difference to know how happy my kids are and that they are learning stuff and participating and making friends!

No comments:
Post a Comment