We are all getting in on the back to school sales. Today Meghan and I took 4 kids and we each got 2 boxes of crayons and two rulers for $.01 each. Meghan is working very hard to get me back into my old ways of deal shopping!
Another difference that I have noticed here is that milk has a long time before its expiration! In Guatemala it was about 4 days if you were lucky. Here it is about two weeks!!
All the kids have been begging to sleep at the Moffitts with their cousins. Last night I ended up having to pick up Laina at 11:00 because she forgot her pink blankey and couldn't sleep.
Chris flew back in to SLC tonight! His only communication was an email that said, "I'm exhausted. I'll talk to you tomorrow." Poor guy. It was a whirlwind week!
Tuesday, August 2, 2011
The three families went on a little trip to Steadman Ranch. It is a farm where they have build some giant slip and slide type things. It also had a zip line, trampoline, swing sets, sandbox, and covered picnic benches.
I don't think we were even parked before the kids all took off. Except for one very hesitant Alysa. She took quite a while to get up her nerve to go but once she did, there was no stopping her. Laina enjoyed playing on the trampoline quite a bit also. There were a few crashes with scrapes and bumps but nothing too major.
Meghan discovered some little tiny blow up donut that was really fast. She wanted to go down with Tyler on one also. Unfortunately, he took one step too close to the edge and completely biffed it. He just happened to land on the donut and it exploded! Everybody got a good laugh at his expense.
On the way home, most of the smaller kids all fell asleep. I was so glad that I didn't have to drive!
| I love the farm land in the back. |
| Uncle Tyler was definitely a big kid today! |
| Morgan, Aunt Meghan, Ryler, Uncle Tyler, Lance, Drew |
| Lance, Cole, Uncle Tyler, Drew, Ryley |
| Alysa's first trip down the slide. |
While we were all having a great time, Chris was having his first day of his new job. He has once again been thrown into something new without any direction and not really knowing what to do. They are also telling him that he has to get a new car instead of using the company truck. Not to mention that we need to find a place to live! So much all at once is a little overwhelming!!
Wednesday, August 3, 2011
I am learning how to text. Brittany and Meghan are giving me a crash course. I am so far behind the times!
Morgan, Cole, and Drew walked to the church for mutual and scouts tonight. Cole really is enjoying the scout group. He got to sign off 3 things tonight. Morgan also enjoyed Young Women's.
Laina made a new friend today. Before I left Brittany's house she asked if she could invite the girl over tomorrow. I told her that I wouldn't be there and that she'd have to ask Brittany. She is really excited!
Thursday, August 4, 2011
Cole, Alysa, and I drove to Utah to see Chris and to look for a house to rent. We drove all over looking at rentals, but not finding anything that we really liked. The kids didn't mind because they got to watch movies in the van. We met up with Chris and got to see his new office. It is definitely nicer than his office in Guatemala! We got to look for a new phone for me and a new car for Chris. It really feels like we are starting our lives completely over from scratch! There is no way that we could survive this without the support of our family!
Friday, August 5, 2011
We had a real estate agent recommended to us by two completely different sources. He was out of town, and had another person that was going to help us look for a house. He couldn't meet with us until 4:00, so we spent the morning driving around some more. We both really like the Farmington area.
At 4:00, we went into the office to find out that the guy had car problems and wouldn't make it. We wasted the whole entire day waiting to meet with this guy. UGH! We sat down with another person in the office, but ended up leaving without a single ray of hope. We didn't receive any information or any possibilities for a house. It was a very depressing and discouraging day!
Saturday, August 6, 2011
We looked at a couple more houses on our way back to Idaho. Chris got to go also! The other families were waiting for us to get back to go to The Drops. It is a canal that you float down. Nobody had ever gone before and we didn't really know what to expect. The first group to go was the dads and the bigger kids. The rest of us were going to wait for them to get back and report. For some reason that excellent plan didn't work out and the moms and younger kids got pressured to go. Brittany took Alysa, I had Laina, and Meghan had Trey. I thought somebody was going to die and it was probably going to be me! After the initial shock of getting swept away under the water and not plugging our noses, we all recovered. We were very thankful that Chris and Mitch heard us giggling so loud that they came running back to show us where to get out of the water and to help us get the kids who were trying to strangle us!
| The Moffitts, Billings, and Whitneys |
| Kaiya mid jump. |
| Mitch and Lance having a blast! |
| Brittany and Meghan going off the wall. |
| Chris, Morgan, and Cole |
| Alysa and Laina |
| Laina liked climbing the rocks more than going in the water. |
A friend of mine put this as her facebook status. "That which does not kill us, will make us stronger!!! Yeah...but how close to deaths door do we ahve to get before this new found strength will kick in???" This whole house situation is really making me feel like that! I am ready for this particular decision to be done!
Laina has had a really loose tooth and it just won't come out. The permanent tooth has already come in behind it. We finally got her to agree to pull it out, but she would only do it if Uncle Mitch did it. He tied a string around the tooth and around a water bottle and then threw it over the railing down the stairs. The first time didn't work because the string came off but the second time was a success.

No comments:
Post a Comment