Happy Mother's Day! (Or as I learned today, Feliz Dia De La Madre)
Today was a pretty uneventful day. No power outages, no kids throwing up, water working all day. I even got a nap today!! Ahh, I love Mother's Day!!
Church was pretty good. I played the piano which wasn't the best but it could have been a lot worse!! I can't understand what the person conducting is saying, so I kept watching Chris to give me the signal that I needed to go back up to play the intermediate hymn. I finally got the signal and went up and started the song only to have the chorister lean over and point to the hymn book that I was playing the wrong song. The meeting had gone longer than expected and they had bypassed the intermediate hymn and were doing the closing hymn!! Oops!!
I also got to accompany the choir for prelude and was very proud of Morgan for going up and singing with them. She is really growing up. Her teachers at school have commented on her not really interacting with the other kids a lot. I tried to explain that she always would rather be with adults than kids her own age! She LOVED it today when her Grandma Whitney and Aunt Jessica told her that she looked like she was 16.
The lesson in Relief Society today was about the Gift of Tongues. At one point the teacher started pointing at me and saying something about talking in other languages. In my best Spanish I tried to say that I am still waiting for the gift of tongues. Everybody laughed pretty good. It is amazing the encouragement and support that I have received from the members of the ward. Even though I don't share their culture, looks, language, etc, I share the gospel with them and that is all that seems to matter! Oh, and I have visiting teachers coming over this week!! I am so excited! One is Sully who works at the Beehive School as the chef and speaks pretty good English. The other is another lady that I have met several times but for the life of me cannot remember her name! She is a typical Mayan lady; very short, wears traditional clothes, and always has a wonderful smile on her face. I am sure that I will be able to learn a lot from these wonderful ladies!
It was great to get to talk to some family today. The skype thing is great so that we can see the people we are talking to. I almost think that we talk to family more now that we are down here than we did in Vegas!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment