Today was the Mothers Day Celebration for the kids school. I was torn between staying home with Laina and missing the other kids presentations or taking her to school and staying there since Chris needed the car for work. I finally opted to go to the school since Laina seemed to be doing a lot better and she really wanted to go to school. I had two hours to kill before the program started so the principal told me to go to Spanish class with Morgan and Cole. Wow, did they make me feel stupid!! Those two are really picking up the Spanish. The really seemed excited to show off their new abilities to me.
The 10:00 program started at 11:15 across the street from the school at the big convention center. There were so many moms there. I really felt uncomfortable and out of place! Alysa had completely freaked out and wouldn't leave her classroom so I had to get her and keep her with me. She was terrified of having to do her class presentation. It turned out that Cole was my only kid that would do his presentation.
Laina got half way to the stage with her class and turned around screaming.
Morgan opted not to do her classes "dance" which I am actually glad for. I was shocked to see their Mother's Day dance. All the girls were wearing shorts skirts and not doing the most appropriate dancing for 5th grade girls in my opinion!!
I was SOOOOO ready to leave by the time the program ended.
We headed back to the school and repeatedly called Chris to let him know to come get us. It kept going straight through to a voicemail. (so I thought) We sat at the school for 45 minutes until he called and said he was outside. Apparently my phone was out of minutes and that's what the "voicemail message" was saying!! Laina had fallen asleep on my lap while we were waiting and when I got up to get all the kids to go, she once again threw up all over the school playground. UGH!! What is going on with her poor little body!!
A positive for today was that there was electricity, water, hot water, and gas!!
5/9/09
What a beautiful day. It was nice and sunny. I went to the market with Lily this morning. Although I am constantly on guard for pickpockets, it is a ton of fun!! I bought so many fruits and vegetables that I could barely carry my bag! I got a dozen carrots, garlic, cilantro, 1/2# potatoes, cucumber, 5 corn on the cobs, squash, broccoli, cauliflower, 4 avocadoes, 3 pineapples, 1 watermelon, 1 cantaloupe, bunch of bananas, red bananas, porcupines, and a cherry. In total I spent about $8!! (Which Chris found out is the weekly salary for some of the construction workers!! Holy smokes!)
The new item that I tried this time is something that I have no idea what it is called. I named them porcupines. They are little round red balls with tons of spikey things on them. You tear off the outside and it is like a clear ball on the inside. You eat it sort of like a cherry with a seed/pit in the middle. They aren't too bad.
We returned home to an unexpected surprise. Half the kids in the town were in our development to watch a helicopter that had landed on one of the empty lots. The land owners friend wanted to come play tennis at our development and brought his helicopter. When they took off, they were heading right for Morgan. She started running away as the helicopter went over her head. She thought it was pretty cool.
Morgan and Cole have made it their personal mission to fix a hole in the community wall where the wild dogs come in. I think they just like being outside using their imaginations!! (Which I am definitely enjoying!!) Today I sent Alysa out in the backyard to do something and she started screaming bloody murder. One of the wild dogs had come in the backyard since the side gate was left open when Morgan and Cole went out to play. The backdoor was also wide open into the house. I was soooo glad that the dog didn't get into the house!!
Laina is still pretty sick. She was doing great in the morning except for constant trips to the bathroom. (All night also!!) While I was at the market, Chris took all the kids to check out the job site and Laina almost didn't make it to the portapotty fast enough! Poor little girl. It does help reassure me a little that she is drinking lots of fluids and it happy when she is awake. I am constantly debating on wether I should take her to the hospital here or if it'll pass.

No comments:
Post a Comment