What a hard day!! It was definitely a Monday! You can tell when the kids at school have been off schedule with the weekends and it is miserable!! So, after a day with cranky kids, I got to go home and spend the rest of the day with my own cranky kids. I am really feeling a lot of demand for things that need/should be done that I just can't get done. It is hard when I need to help the kids with their homework but I don't understand it myself since it is in Spanish. It is a little depressing! I wasn't feeling too great physically either so I finally gave up and went to bed with Laina at 7:30 and let Chris help the other three kids with their Spanish homework when he got home from work.
Tuesday 7/21/09
Today was much better at school. The kids seemed to be back into their routines and in much better dispositions. Plus it always helps to have P.E. on Tuesdays so that I get a break during the day.
After school was bearable also but Chris ended up working really late so I had to take all of the kids with me to choir. Choir doesn't start until 7:00 and we usually are getting the kids ready for bed at 7:00. Our friends, the Orellana's, van broke down also so we went to pick them up. We had 10 people in the van which isn't too bad but for some reason the second that we put people in the van, our kids go crazy. They either fight like cats and dogs or they are so obnoxious that I just can't handle it!! By the time we got to the church, I was definitely out of patience with the kids. To add to the frustrations, there were no keys to get into the church. We sat outside the gates for 35 minutes waiting for somebody to find some keys. I definitely would have gone home if it had just been me and the kids. Since choir started late, they decided to end late also. It was almost 9:00 by the time I finally got out of choir, dropped off the Orellanas, and got home with 4 very tired kids. Apparently Chris got home just a few minutes before us. These long hours are killing us! Plus, he has to be back at work at 5:30 in the morning tomorrow!! Poor guy!
Wednesday 7/22/09
Today we had our 3rd meeting for the school quilting club. I took one of my big crazy quilts that I need to get tied and let the kids work on in when they were done with their block for the day. It was pretty funny that all the 3rd grade boys were the ones that were so excited about it!!
I think I did a much better job today or not loosing my patience. I think a big part of it was that Laina took a nap. Life is so much better when there isn't a tired, whiny 3 year old demanding every bit of attention possible while I am trying to deal with ten million other things!!
Chris was just as busy at the job site with the first concrete pour.



Thursday 7/23/09
Next week is English exam week. I am frantically working to get the exams written. There is so much that I would have done differently over the last 8 weeks if I had only known!! I can't change it now so I guess I'll just have to move on.
I am pretty pleased with how much the kids are starting to play with the other kids. Alysa has FINALLY started participating in P.E. (She would only sit and watch until this week!!) Morgan has been playing at recess with the other kids, and so has Cole. Cole commented the other day that in the states he thought the third graders were so big and the 5th graders were mean but here all the kids play together.
Friday 7/24/09
After school today, I had to stay late and try to finish up the exams for next week. The kids were so excited because they got to play on the computers. I kept asking if they were ready to go and they'd complain that they didn't want to go. I didn't have any snack time or lunch today so I was starving. I finally made them leave about 3:30. As I was pulling out of the parking lot, Chris called and asked if we wanted to come up to the job site. We made a little pit stop at McDonalds on the way and then went to see the progress at the job site. There were people working so Chris could only take two people at a time and they had to wear hard hats and safety vests. The kids LOVE to wear them!! Laina and Cole got to go first and while they were gone, Morgan and Alysa both had to go to the bathroom. Of course the port-a-potties have locks on them when we need to use them!! I finally went into the job trailer and with everybody staring at me tried to ask for the key to the bathroom. I recognized a couple of the guys and they helped me out and said that I was learning a lot of Spanish. If they only knew how much Morgan and Cole have learned!!
The job site is looking pretty cool. They poured the concrete for the footings of the basement. It is fun to be able to see where things are going to be. There is also another building adjacent that will have offices, housing, etc.
After having such a hard week, Chris decided we should go on a date. We haven't had a real date since we got here since we don't feel comfortable leaving the kids with anybody. Chris got a pizza on the way home from work and we let the kids eat pizza and watch a movie while we went to a new restaurant that just opened in the country club right across the street from our development. We have never left the kids before but they were so excited to be big kids. We left a cell phone with them and strict instructions not to go downstairs for anything.
The restaurant is Mediterranean and we weren't really sure what we were ordering but it ended up being very good. While we were there, the owners of the restaurant came in and introduced themselves. It was a nice couple from Holland. The wife talked with us for a while and gave us some great tips for stuff here. Apparently they came here on vacation and loved it. After four trips they decided to move here and have been here for 10 years and now have 3 restaurants.
I think we will be returning to the restaurant mostly because it is so close and we can leave the kids.
Saturday 7/25/09
I think we are in need of a change of pace. It seems that all we have done for weeks now is cleaning, working, going to the market, more cleaning, etc. We are all pretty worn out and in desperate need of a pick me up! I am definitely looking forward to our next shipment of stuff from the states when Dave comes in a few more weeks!! My wonderful sister-in-law Jamie, put together a care package and took it to Dave's house. I don't know what is in it so I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas morning. The anticipation is high!!
Sunday 7/26/09
Chris finally found a solution to Laina not going to primary by herself and Alysa going with Morgan to the 10-11-12 year old class. He sent Laina to Alysa's class with her. They have both gone together for two weeks now and I get to go to class with Chris. I do have to say that I don't understand anything but it is nice to sit with Chris and read the Ensign!
After church, I decided to spend a little bit of time working on some blankets. It has been the first time in a while that I have had some "me" time and it was very nice. Plus, the icing on the cake was when Morgan and Cole made dinner. They even cleaned up (somewhat) afterwards and Alysa did the dishes. I was so happy that I decided to make some cookies.

No comments:
Post a Comment