Sunday, July 5, 2009

7/5/09

Sunday 7/5/09
Cole was up all night with an upset stomach. At 5:45, it all started coming out. He must have still been half asleep because he threw up all over the floor in his room. He couldn't figure out what was going on and get to the bathroom. It was a lovely start to our morning!! He woke up pretty much the whole family and nobody was able to get back to bed by the time we got everything cleaned up and kids situated in different rooms.
Chris stayed home from church with Cole while the girls and I went. I was a little worried about taking Laina to sit with Morgan and Alysa for Sacrament meeting while I played the piano. She ended up sitting with me and having me scold her the entire time for bumping me while I was playing or leaning on the piano or running around. The other girls did remarkably well!
It was testimony meeting which has also been quite different here. People pretty much race to the stand! It is extremely rare to have silent moments in between people. The last bench on the stand is almost always full of people waiting their turn. I always sit there and try to figure out how to communicate how I am feeling in Spanish.
I had a few good conversations with people and am feeling a little encouraged to continue working on my Spanish. I need to force myself to find time to sit down and study my books and practice. I get so caught up with taking care of my kids, the house, and preparing stuff for school that I rarely take time for myself.
When we got home from church, Cole finally stopped throwing up. Apparently he spent most of the morning in the bathroom. Poor kid. I hope he's well enough to go to school tomorrow. If not, I don't know what I am going to do!!
I was once again blessed to get a wonderful nap after church. I could get used to this!! Laina curled up with me and we enjoyed a little bit of quiet. The day was even better since we had so many leftovers from the bbq that we had to use them up so we'd have enough room in the fridge for the kids lunches!!

Laina just asked me to write that she loves Grandmas and Grandpas.

No comments:

Post a Comment