Thursday, October 8, 2009

10/02/09-10/04/09

Friday 10/02/09
This morning I got the chance to watch most of the General Relief Society Broadcast. It made me think that I don't know how I would get by without Relief Society. I have never lived close to my family and Relief Society has always been my family away from home. Even here in Guatemala where I don't fit it, I have been warmly welcomed and been made to feel like part of the Sociedad de Sucorro. The women make me feel like I am needed and wanted here. I can't imagine trying to survive this challenge in life without the R.S. to help me!! I have usually felt like I am the one giving to R.S. but here it is more like the R.S. is giving to me.
Class was miserable today. I had absolutely no energy at all. The second the class ended, I went home and went to bed. I let the kids do whatever they wanted while I laid down. I still had to pick up the girls dresses and really struggled to get out of bed. Chris was able to meet me at the store after work and help me communicate with the lady that we bought the dresses from. The girls had a blast trying on the dresses when we got home. I think the funniest part was each girl having to get their "high heel sandals" to wear with the dresses.



The rest of the night was a typical Friday night with pizza (no energy to cook) and a movie.
Chris was also able to officially get our tickets to go home. We'll leave here October 24th and come back Jan 2. Chris will be making two trips...a week at Thanksgiving and a week at Christmas. Can't wait!!

Saturday 10/03/09 21
What a miserable night! During the night I rolled over a heard a snap in my rib. Talk about extreme pain. I had absolutely no energy and spent the entire day laying on the couch watching conference and trying to be part of the family. Chris has really had to help out a lot since I haven't done anything. The kids were also good helpers.
One thing that stuck out today was the talk by Elder Bednar. I really liked hearing that my family is normal when the kids fight and argue and complain all the time!! It gives me hope on a day that I really need it!

Sunday 10/4/09
More of yesterday.
Time to go to the hospital

No comments:

Post a Comment