Saturday, October 10, 2009

10/09/09-10/13/09

Friday 10/09/09
I am still resting. I absolutely can not stand being sick and not being able to do my normal stuff! I don't know which is worse...the illness or the being in bed! Chris took all the kids to school this morning and I sat home by myself. Yes, the quite is nice to a certain extent but I was sure glad when the kids came home....even if they did proceed to yell and scream! Chris has been so busy with work and I feel bad that he's had to take up all of my slack. He is a good man and hasn't complained at all.
My dad sent us the '24' season 6 DVD. I am so excited! Whenever Chris and I think of '24', I'm sure it'll bring back memories of laying in bed with a ton of blankets to stay warm and watching the show on the computer at night!!
The girls pretending to be missionaries. They had their first appointment at Hermana Morgan's house!!

Saturday 10/10/09
Chris had another concrete pour this morning at 6:00 so he was up and gone before anybody else even began to stir. The kids and I spent the majority of the day lounging around in our pajamas and watching Saturday morning cartoons. Alysa was pretty excited to work on her binder for the plane ride. (The kids usually pack a zippered binder with papers and activities to do on the plane or in the car.) Morgan finished making her first scarf, and Cole cooked dinner! I spent a little bit of time working on some moose placemats for my parents cabin.

The girls insist on wearing swimsuits and playing outside. They got pretty messy this time in the dirt!

Sunday 10/11/09
My first trip out of the house in forever!! I went to church today to play the piano. It went pretty good but I had no energy. It was pretty tough to sit for so long. We only stayed for sacrament meeting even!! I spent most of the time trying to figure out how I could bare my testimony in Relief Society in Spanish. To my great surprise, Chris got up in Sacrament meeting to bare his testimony. He said that he hasn't given his testimony in Spanish since his mission. He thanked the ward for their love and service and concern for me and for the family. It was pretty cool even though I don't know everything that he said. The entire congregation was dead silent the entire time he talked!



Our little ballerinas in training. All of the girls (yes, even Morgan) are wanting ballet attire for Christmas so that they can do the ballet class at school next year!!

Monday 10/12/09
Another day home from school for me. I am starting to feel a little better (other than the horrible pain in my back and ribs from all of the coughing!!) but I am forcing myself to slow down so I can get better before getting on the plane. It was a little easier today since I started a book yesterday so I have something to occupy my mind!! I think I am going to try to go back to school tomorrow. It is exam week so I won't have to do too much.
I had a couple of unexpected visitors this afternoon also. My visiting teacher Emiliana and her 13 year old daughter stopped by to see what she could help with. They had walked all the way to my house from the church (about an hour walk!). I am still blown away by the compassion and love of the people here! Luckily Chris came home at the same time so he was able to help with the translating. We're probably going to have her come in and help me clean once in a while. We asked her how to wash the girls traditional dresses and she offered to take them home and do them for us. We also asked what peoples reactions would be if the girls wore them to church. She got a huge grin and said that the people would be honored. She then taught us the proper way to get the skirts on. (so they don't fall off!!) She also told us that the primary is doing a service project and they were collecting plates, cups, and napkins for it. We gave her a bunch of plates. Since she had so much stuff to carry and since the dresses are about 8#'s each, Chris offered to give them a ride home along with Cole and Alysa. On the way he asked what else they needed for the primary project and she said that they needed napkins. He had her show him where a little store was on the way and he went to get some napkins. The first store didn't have any but the second did for Q4.5 (about $.50). Chris said that she was concerned that that was too much money. It still boggles our minds that people live on so little means here and are perfectly content. It really makes me realize how much people can get preoccupied with money and forget the real important things in life. Anyway, he ended up getting them several packages before taking her home.
As soon as they left, I got the stuff out to make dinner when I heard another knock on the door. It was another family from the ward. The wife and husband speak less English than I speak Spanish but they are very nice people. The wives mother was there also and she doesn't speak any English. We had some small talk until Chris got home. It is really cool for the members here to get to visit with Chris because he shows them pictures of the progress of the temple here. Most of the people here don't get that opportunity especially since nobody is allowed on the jobsite! The security guard wouldn't even let me in the other day!!
By the time all of our visitors left and I got dinner cooked, we were eating about 2.5 hours late!! Oh, well. The kids were happy that they got to help make pizza and that I didn't make them eat vegetables!!

Tuesday 10/13/09
Today I was feeling better so I thought I would try to go back to school. Big mistake. It seemed like the second I walked in the school I was feeling horrible again. The teacher that I had filled in for when she had her baby has been covering my class and even though I was there today, she came in also. After I left the school completely exhausted, I decided that I would let her monitor the final exams and just send them home with Morgan for me to grade. Once home, it was back to bed for me for a little while. Once rested, I was doing much better.
I thought I would do a little experiment and see if other places had the same effect on me as the school. I went to choir practice and was fine. It was actually a much needed break for me. I'm a little bored with being in the house!! I just have to keep reminding myself that I need to get better before I can go on an international flight with 4 kids!! 11 more days!!

No comments:

Post a Comment