Sunday, January 10, 2010

1/10/10-1/16/10

Sunday, January 10, 2010
Wow, what a warm welcoming today. Church was wonderful. I have never had so many people seem excited to have us back in church! I was immediately put back to work playing the piano in Sacrament meeting as well as playing a keyboard for Relief Society. The girls all went to primary classes without any problems. Cole was very hesitant and didn't want to go. His teacher was trying to hard to make him feel comfortable but he didn't want to have anything to do with it! Morgan was gone to class with her friends before I even got a chance to say bye.

Once again, I have fallen behind. It is amazing how quickly life takes over!! We have been working on homeschooling and that has taken up a ton of time!! It is so hard trying to keep up with 4 kids! I can't wait for school to start so I will only have to homeschool 2! Alysa and Laina will be in their regular classes then.

Chris got all of the kids new BYU sweatshirts. They had to all put them on and make their "mean" faces.

On Wednesday, Morgan cooked. The kids had all worked together and planned a "date" for me and Chris. They all got dressed up and acted like they were working at a restaurant. We had Parmesan meatballs, salad, toasted garlic bread, and pasta. It was scrumptuous. The service needed a little bit of work.....they were soooo slow!! It was great though.

We went in to the school this week to decorate our room and get everything ready for the year. I was told that I will not be teaching the class that I had planned on and that I would actually be doing a special English class for the new students to the school whose English level isn't high enough to go into the regular English classes. (The Beehive School teaches 1/2 day in English and 1/2 day in Spanish. All the other bilingual schools here only teach about an hour every other day in English) I have no idea what I am going to do now!
It was also the open house for the parents and I was introduced. I was so proud of myself when a parent came up to me afterwards to ask where a different classroom was and I actually understood what she was saying!! And even better, I could actually answer her! I get so down on myself about Spanish but it is amazing to realize how much I have learned in the past 10 months!

We had a little visitor this week. Alysa was out on her balcony in the morning and saw a little kitten at our side gate. The kids were so excited. They were given strict instructions not to touch the cat. (The last cat we got had ringworm!!) Even without petting the kitten, the kids had a blast playing outside with it. Morgan named it Fern. I thought Dirt was a better name because it kept curling up in the dirt and blended right in. Then we though, Fert. Of course Cole changed that one to Fart. After a while I made the kids come in to do their homework. They were sitting in the study with the window open and the kitten went around the house and jumped up on the windowsill and tried to get in the window. I was amazed at how quickly Morgan jumped up and got the window shut before the cat got in! (Nope, no screens here!) I thought we were going to be stuck with a new pet but the kitten must have gotten bored with the kids inside and it left. We haven't seen it since.





It is the dry season now and all of the crops are gone. The farmers have been burning their fields. This picture was taken from my bedroom window. On the other side of the house there was a big fire and Morgan thought it was a forest fire. She was so freaked out and of course that made all the other kids freak out. I found all four of the kids in a circle upstairs saying a prayer that we would be safe!!

No comments:

Post a Comment