We were lucky that all four kids went to primary today without problems. It is great having Alysa and Laina in the same class so that they are together. They have quite the bond with each other!
I ventured out to my first stake choir practice. I've pretty much stuck to the ward level because people know me and it's a little less intimidating. I figured a couple of my friends would be there to help me out but they weren't!! UGH!! Luckily there was one person that I know and she helped me feel a little more comfortable. I have decided that I am not meant to sing in a choir.....at least not for songs that have any high notes! I had more luck singing the men's part!
Monday, January 18, 2010
We had our first day of school today. The school owners still haven't decided what classroom I am going to be in, or when my class will be ready to start. That's fine with me. I spent most of the morning trying to get Alysa and Laina comfortable going to there classes. Laina has the same teachers, but Alysa has two brand new teachers. I took her to her class and her English teacher seemed very overwhelmed. Alysa's Spanish teacher is a member of the church and knows why we are living in Guatemala. She seems pretty nice. Inbetween dealing with scared, upset little girls, I was working with the older two on their homeschooling in the hallway of the school. What fun, what fun!
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Let the drama continue......today was p.e. The girls flat our refused to go to p.e.! I'm not overly surprised by Alysa, but Morgan was in tears. Cole went but isn't too sure about the new p.e. teacher. I counted that there are 16 new teachers and only 6 returning! There has been a lot of change in the school this year.
Sully is still there working in her "Coca Cola" shack. She makes food and sells candies and toys. Morgan and Cole have been helping her out and love it. We are also trying more Guatemalan food that she makes.
Wednesday, January 20, 2010
Cole turned 9 years old today. He had a pretty laid back birthday. We tried to go out to dinner but Alysa got sick and I had to take her home. We were getting the jalapeno pizza that Cole and I love!! Chris ended up getting it as take out and bringing it home. Cole got some new toys but the highlight of the night were the goody bags that Grandma Hunsaker sent for everybody. The timing worked out perfectly that Dave (Chris' boss) was coming down and was able to bring Cole's presents! He also brought two suitcases that I had packed and left at his house! It was so much fun to see what was in them!
(Cole discovered Transformers when his cousin, Nate, got all of Uncle Matt's old Transformers for Christmas)
Thursday, January 21, 2010
I am feeling a little lonely at the school. The other teachers don't talk to me and I feel very isolated. It is so completely different from last year. I really miss my friends that were teaching then!
Today was much better for the kids though. Morgan and Alysa both went to p.e. without crying. They even liked it! It's amazing how much fun you can have when you try something new!
Chris left to take Dave back to Guatemala City. I remember the first time he left us in Xela and how scared I was. I have come a long ways!
Friday, January 22, 2010
I love Fridays! We have begun a pizza party tradition on Fridays. It doesn't matter that we had pizza two days ago.....pizza never gets old! Chris brought pizzas (and flowers) from Guatemala City. They were from a place that is the same as Sam's Club or Costco but they were a big disappointment! I'm still enjoying my jalapeno pizza from Giuseppies!
From Chris:
Stopped on the way home from Guatemala City to buy the girls and Kristina some flowers. I ended up with a few more than I had originally planned. I am a sucker when it comes to little kids selling things on the side of the road.
Saturday, January 23, 2010
Chris dropped Morgan, Cole, and I off at the market this morning. We are getting pretty good at this market stuff! We know (for the most part) what are good prices and what aren't. We also recognize a lot of the merchants. It is so much fun to get out and walk around and see the people.
In the afternoon, we went to visit the temple site. The workers had already gone home for the day so we were able to actually walk around on the site. We got to go inside and to climb up on the top. It was pretty cool and scary all at the same time.
1st floor of the temple
This was the worlds most rickety excuse for stairs that I have ever seen!
The kids on the roof of the temple.
The sister missionaries in our ward came to visit this evening. They are both from the states. One is going home in another month and the other just came out a month ago. While we were visiting, they mentioned that there is another American family that is here. They own a pizza restaurant here. It is called Gringo Loco Pizza. I can't wait to try out a new place!


No comments:
Post a Comment