Monday, July 26, 2010

7/25/10-7/31/10

Sunday, July 25, 2010
I have a feeling that this week will definitely not be quite as exciting as last week. Brittany and Mitch took off this morning and now it is just me, the kids and my parents. It is definitely much quieter! We had a very lazy, relaxing day as everybody tried to recuperate from all of the excitement.

Monday, July 26, 2010
Now that the play time is done, it is work time. We cleaned out the crawl space in preparation for a garage sale this weekend. Morgan and Cole are in heaven getting to work in the crawl space. I think for any other normal person it is complete torture!!

Tuesday, July 27, 2010
My dad's friend, Al, came down this morning to do some fishing. They are like a couple of school boys when they are together. It is great to see. While they fished, the rest of us worked some more to get stuff ready for the garage sale.

Wednesday, July 28, 2010
We continued working on the garage sale in between fishing, playing on the trampoline, riding the 4 wheelers, etc. Morgan and Cole think they are hot stuff because Grandpa let them drive the 4 wheelers by themselves!


Thursday, July 29, 2010
It was mass chaos today. We opted to start the garage sale today and it was crazy. I can not believe how many people showed up on a Thursday! By the end of the day we were all exhausted!
We had a little bit of excitement left though! My sister, Meghan, called to say she was on her way to the hospital to have her baby! Shortly after that, Alysa lost her first two teeth. Alysa was starting to get worried because all of her cousins had lost teeth and she hadn't. She made up for it by loosing two in one night!

















Friday, July 30, 2010
Meghan had her beautiful little baby girl first things this morning/last night. I am so sad that I don't get to go see her. I have no idea how old the baby will be before I ever get to see her. It is times like this that I really wish we lived closer!

































We continued a very long day with the garage sale. We were so tired that we decided not to do it again tomorrow! Yeah!! We celebrated with pizza at Magpies and root beer! It was delicious!
On the way back home, we saw a mommy moose and her baby. Of course it happened to be the one time that I went anywhere without my camera! We ran back home got my camera and then I headed back hoping that they would still be there. They were and they had actually moved even closer to the road. We pulled over on the side and watched them forever. They were so close that we could hear the leaves ripping as they ate them! I was going to open the van door and have the kids stand right outside of it while I got a picture of them with the moose in the background but they were a little too close for that!




Since we could barely hold our eyes open, everybody went to bed extra early!

Saturday, July 31, 2010
Why won't it quit raining and where is the sun??? This is getting so old!
The day was filled with more of the usual until we received two phone calls warning us that there had been a bear sighting across the street. A couple of us drove around trying to find it (yes, I had the camera ready!) but we didn't get that lucky!
We had to bring all the kids inside until everybody was ready to go out together for our last night of roasting hot dogs and s'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment