Today was our last Sunday in English for a while! It'll be weird to go back to Spanish again!
While talking to Chris tonight, he told me that he met a sister missionary from the area of the temple. After hearing what we are doing here, she asked if his wife is the red head that helps everybody. Wow, I didn't realize that I was making that much of an impression. It really made my day to hear that.
Monday, August 2, 2010
So, my parents land is being taken over by rabbits. The other night my mom was so upset because one of her favorite flowers had just bloomed and while doing the dishes, she witnessed a rabbit eat the flower. So, today, Cole took if upon himself to lower the population of rabbits. He shot this rabbit with an air rifle and was pleased with himself. He tried bringing the rabbit into the cabin to show everybody!
We packed, as well as made another batch of homemade ice cream. The kids have such fond
memories of homemade ice cream!
Tuesday, August 3, 2010
We left Sterling early this morning to take my mom to the airport. I am so jealous that she gets to go see Meghan's new little baby and I don't!! I don't know how old the baby will be before I ever get to see her.
The kids and I did a little shopping in Anchorage, went to see the old house (Morgan hadn't gotten to see it the last time we went) and had a wonderful lunch of Costco pizza!
We then headed out to Wasilla for the remainder of our stay in Alaska.
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Laina and Morgan got to go with Sharon into Eagle River and Anchorage. Cole and Alysa were excited to stay home and play video games the whole day. It was a wonderful down time for everybody.
I still can't get over how dreary the weather has been. We are definitely at the end of a really long vacation. We are so ready to be going home and to be with Chris again.
Thursday, August 5, 2010
We were very pleased to find out that they have just installed Redbox in Alaska now!! I love Redbox!! I got the kids a few movies that they have been wanting to see. So in addition to playing video games today, they watched movies also. The kids are stocking up on video playing time before we go back home to reality of school and chores again!!
I also took Morgan and Alysa shopping. Morgan wanted to get a pair of new jeans. She was so excited to find a pair that she liked that were on clearance for $7! She used her own money to buy them and was even more excited when they rang up at $5 instead of $7! Lucky girl!
Friday, August 6, 2010
Today was more of the same with the dreary rain and no motivation to do anything at all. I did take Cole shopping so he could buy a new video game with his birthday money. He got a 4 wheeling game and he can't wait to take it back to Guatemala to try it out.
In the evening I joined Sharon to attend their stake women's conference. We listened to a small part of a class, then went to the dinner. I love potluck type meals where there is so much variety to choose from. It is fun to try a little bit of everything.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
I don't think that today will ever end!! I am beyond ready to go home! The bags are packed and we are ready!!
We were able to kill some time by going out to lunch at an Italian place with Rich and Sharon. Poor Morgan hasn't been feeling well for a few days now and she could only take two bites of her food. It doesn't help that she is emotionally distraught about having to leave her grandparents and cousins! She really wants to live in Alaska. I hope she does o.k. on the plane!

No comments:
Post a Comment