Chris has been really sick with stomach pains. He finally broke down and got some medicine today. We'll see if it helps. Wish him luck!
![]() |
| Our own personal Strawberry Shortcake |
The kids have all been playing together. They are obsessed with their "karate classes". When they are all playing nicely together, who cares about homework?? Too bad they have a bad mom that forgets that we're almost at the equator. They are all sunburned!! Laina's shoulder and Cole's neck probably got the worst! Luckily I have a great friend that gave me a start for an aloe vera plant a year or so ago. It has grown quite a bit and was put to use!
![]() |
| "Karate class" |
Apparently it is the fair for our little town of La Esperanza. There were three people at choir so we finally went home!
Wednesday, May 4, 2011
The kids sunburns are hurting enough to deter them from going outside today. Darn, I really liked the nice peaceful morning yesterday!
While Morgan and Cole were attempting to make non-instant pudding, I overheard them talking about flying back to the states. They went over every benefit of flying first class. They are really hoping to go first class again even though they know it's not going to happen!!
Lately, the kids have really been into playing card games. Their favorites are UNO and '31'. It has kept them entertained for hours! It has been especially nice since Cole is out of books.....again!
Thursday, May 5, 2011
The kids (and I) are way too excited to go back to the states! It has been the constant talk in our house. We really need to find something to keep us enjoying the moments while we're still here. Trying to do this, we went looking for a little ice cream stand today. It helped that there was no electricity or water for the whole day. We also ended up at the fair area where we found a little Mayan basket for Laina. We also went to a river. I can not believe how people just throw there garbage everywhere. There is no concept of recycling!
Friday, May 6, 2011
We're still going crazy. My latest attempt to keep the kids enjoying our time while we are here, we made lists of Fun Friday activity ideas. That kept the kids going for a while.
We also spent a little while swimming and playing at the club. I worked on schoolwork for next week.
Chris and I were going to go out to dinner, so the girls took it upon themselves to make me look pretty. They picked out my outfit, did my nails, my hair, and my makeup. When Chris came home, he asked me if I really wanted to go out in public.
After a quick make up and hair redo, we were off. We went to have chinese food for the first time in the 2 years that we have been here. It was delicious.
Saturday, May 7, 2011
I think my favorite part of Mother's Day is when Chris takes all the kids grocery shopping for the meals to make and I get to stay home, guilt free, and do whatever I want. I worked on a quilt to use up some of my scraps. The list of people that I want to give a quilt to before we move seems to keep growing faster than I am making quilts!
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Happy Mother's Day. It isn't Mother's Day here until Tuesday, but I got to celebrate anyway! The kids made me breakfast and dinner. It was wonderful not having to cook or do dishes. I didn't even go into the kitchen, except to get leftovers for lunch!
Chris's niece, Amy should be getting her mission call this week. For our primary activity, each member of our family got to put their name on three of the places that they think she will be called to. Whoever guesses the closest gets some sort of prize.




We were looking at your pictures and Drew wanted me to tell you that he "loves you guys a lot!" Are you going to make a trip to Vegas to get all of your stuff? Maybe we can meet you there! My sis-in-law is having her baby in October in Salt Lake, I want to go up for a week or so! I am so excited to have you guys back in the states! We have really missed you guys!
ReplyDelete