Everything looks so different a semi-decent nights sleep and bright sunshine. We decided to be wild and crazy and had Chris, Morgan, and Cole walk to McDonalds to get breakfast. I am so done with McDonlds!!
Chris was able to get us from the hotel to the house without any help from Dave! We spent the majority of the day at the house meeting with the landlord and exterminator. The kids were pretty happy when I unpacked their razors (scooters) and let them ride around the development. They also had fun at the little park area. Cole was outside so much that he got a pretty bad sunburn on his neck.....what a great mom I am!! We'll definitely need to get the sunblock out for here!!
Dave and the others came by the house and brought us all of our luggage/all of our possessions for the next two years! After that they all left to head back to the U.S. It felt like we were being dropped off at the college dorms for the first time!! We're all on our own now!
Once the exterminators were done, we began the massive shopping. First priority...beds!! I have never felt so stared at as I did today. People weren't even trying to be sly about it. It must have been because of the kids because we didn't get that many looks when it was just Chris and me!
After some shopping, we were once again adventurous for lunch and had pizza at Dominoes. After more searching, we finally found a store to buy our beds.....and fridge...and stove...and microwave....and washer. It took FOREVER!! I don't know how many trips the kids and I made back and forth from the store to the car to the store to the popsicle place and back to the store!! On the upside, Chris was doing GREAT with his Spanish. He was talking more than he even does in English!!
After the 3-4 hours we spent at the store, we were done for the day. The poor kids were barely holding on. We headed back to the hotel for dinner and watched a movie on the computer. I can't get over how much of a toll this has been on us all both physically and emotionally. There is no way that we could have survived as long as we have if the kids hadn't been so good!
The kids have been working really hard to try their Spanish words that they know and also to learn new ones. The only time any of them has said they want to go back to Vegas has been when they were so tired that they could barely function! We have definitely been blessed and watched over. (If it is any indication of how well we are holding up, I haven't even broken down crying once.....yet!)

No comments:
Post a Comment