Saturday: I do not understand why I have to wake the kids up on school days and they are so tired and cranky yet on the weekend when we tell them to sleep in, they wake up earlier than they'd get woken up for school!! The kids were so excited to play with the new wii that we stayed home for most of the morning. In the afternoon we went to the temple site and were very excited to see that they were moving dirt!! The kids and I got to sit in the van and watch "scoop" load the dumptrucks while Chris took care of some work.
After Chris was done we headed off to a birthday party that Morgan had been invited to. She was pretty shy but excited to go. Everybody was starving so we thought we'd go into the restaurant and get food for the family before the party started. It's a good thing we did because when Morgan and I read the invitation we thought that the end time was when it started!! Apparently it went from 3-6 instead of starting at 6!! Oops!! At least we made it. Cole sure had a fun time playing with the younger brother of the birthday girls who is in his class at school. Cole definitely did more playing than all three of the girls combined! I felt pretty segregated since I couldn't really talk with the other moms. Oh, well.
Church was pretty good today. I had a couple of conversations in spanish with people and for the most part I understood what was going on. I went with Laina to Sunbeams until a member of the bishopric called me out. Laina (and her friend Izabella that I was holding) weren't too happy when I left them. The bishopric member had Lily with him to be the translator as they extended a new calling to me. I has actually been thinking the past few days about when I'd get a calling and what it would be. Everything that I have done before would be very difficult to do with the language barrier. I knew that whatever it was though, I'd be able to do with the help of the Lord. Hopefully I'll be able to do my best with what I have been asked to do. They'll sustain me next Sunday and until then, I'll leave everybody wondering!!
By the time I got done meeting with the bishopric member, Laina had calmed down so that I could take Alysa to her class. Chris stayed with all the kids for primary exercises so I could go to Relief Society. During the announcements they announced that on May 1st there would be a dentist at the church to put caps on the kids teeth. Chris jokes that we should all get gold caps for our Christmas picture!! At the end of the lesson the person conducting said something and looked at me and paused. Sully was sitting next to me and leaned over and said that they wanted me to say the closing prayer. EEK!!! I asked if I could do it in English and they said yes. I said it but for some reason I was extremely nervous!! I figure that I listen to all of the lessons in Spanish so they could listen to one prayer in English and get a small glimpse at what I am going through!!
Lily told me a pretty funny story today. When the kids went back to school after the trip to the zoo, they had some recess time and Alysa was playing with her friend Anemelia (sp?). They were on a teeter totter like thing and apparently going pretty high. Alysa screamed and Anemelia got off and ran to "Teacher Lily" and exclaimed with delight that, "She can scream in Spanish!!"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Im glad to know that Alyssa is learning a little spanish. haha. Your Bro and sis in law were introduced at church today. THey seem super duper nice. It was nice to see a red head again.
ReplyDelete