After church today I was trying to talk to one of the ladies to let her know that the mother of the missionary had brought some books for the Young Women. Lily came up and told me that I must be learning something because I am now translating for other people. I guess I have to keep things in perspective! I might not be fluent but I have made some progress over the past year.
Monday, March 1
It is so exciting when Dave comes to visit. We didn't even see him this trip but he was able to bring down another bag of our stuff. I have a bunch of fabric to work on baby blankets with! We also have our Easter stuff, more school work supplies, and Alysa's birthday presents!
I never thought I would get so excited for the little things from home!
Alysa's "art" time project. Can you tell that we have limited cookie cutters?
Tuesday, March 2
Morgan and Cole had their second set of tests today. They are both doing remarkably well. I have to say that I have learned my lesson with homeschooling. Next time, I want to get the answer keys for the tests!! I spent more time going back through Morgan's books looking for the answers to the questions then she spent doing the test!
I can't say enough about how happy I am to be part of our ward, and especially the choir. Between the piano class and the choir, I actually feel like a participating member of the ward. I feel like I have a place and that I am wanted there. The members are so great and supportive!
Wednesday, March 3
Alysa had her birthday today and turned 6! I can't believe how old she is getting. She keeps talking about how she is going to be the only kid to have 3 birthdays here. She wanted to go to San Martin for her birthday because it has her favorite play place. She waited all day only to be disappointed when we got there and the play place was reserved for a private party. We made up for it by her and I going and buying a pinata after dinner. She also enjoyed opening her presents. As always, the kids loved their goody bags from Grandma Hunsaker.
Her boy baby doll doesn't have any clothes so I made some. A little too small for Alysa to wear!
Thursday, March 4
Alysa and Laina had a party at school today for Alysa's birthday. She took the pinata that she picked out. The girls are really enjoying going to school with Teacher Lily.
All of the kids collecting the candy after the pinata broke.
While the girls were having a blast at their party, Chris was not having a blast at the dentist. He had a really bad toothache so went to have it checked it out. Chris was too big for their x-ray machines and ended up going to three different places. The poor guy is in so much misery.
Friday, March 5
Since we are living here for Chris' job, I thought I should include a picture from the job. Here's my wonderful hubby on the top of the temple overlooking the city.
The sunset from our bedroom balcony.
Saturday, March 6
We went back to the "Dr. Pepper store" in search of root beer. The kids had a blast. It was like going through a dollar store, but without the dollar prices!
We went to a great restaurant for lunch today. It is a typical restaurant called Albamar. There was a huge play area for the kids. I have to admit that I really enjoyed the entertainment as well. They had a couple of marimbas that were amazing. They wood carving was beautiful. I now want to get a marimba to take home...where ever that may be.





No comments:
Post a Comment