Sunday, March 21, 2010

3/21/10-3/24/10

Sunday, March 21
We went to stake conference and the piano was so quiet that I realized that nobody could have heard me last night even if I had screwed up really bad!!
After the conference, Morgan somehow managed to get the bishop's baby. This is her friend, Xela. It is sad, but Morgan is now wearing my clothes and my shoes!! My little baby is growing up!

On our way out of the church, I was informed of a music directing course that all people were supposed to attend with a music calling. It was great! There was a great teacher and I had many friends there. I actually felt like I somewhat belonged there. I was also understanding a lot more of the Spanish....it sure helped that it was a topic that I was familiar with and that there were lots of visual aids!! I was asked to play the opening and closing songs again. They were both songs that I was fairly familiar with.

Monday, March 22
There wasn't much happening today. We just worked on school stuff and packing for trip our trip to El Salvador. Our visas are only valid for 90 days here. After that we have to leave the country for 3 days. The church representative's family and a bunch of the local contractors are going to visit the San Salvador temple to see how its construction is coming along. We figured that would be a great trip for us to go on to renew our visas so, we're off on another wild adventure in a couple days!

Tuesday, March 23
We had a busy morning between school work, piano lessons, and cleaning the house.

We also had a class at the church in the afternoon to learn how to make Pan de Semana Santa, banana bread, and baguettes. Semana Santa is the holy week here before Easter. It is a huge celebration and people are off from work and school for most of the week. They have a special type of bread that they use also. Sully taught the class and it was great. Melody Thomas came also, so my kids were excited to get to play with her kids. It was especially helpful since they were at the church from 3:00 until Chris picked them up around 7:00. I still had another hour and a half to go!! My dinner consisted of the samples of the different breads, as well as a banana that Emiliana brought to me at choir!

The piano class was a little better this week since we didn't have quite so many people and Paula was there to help me also. There is a 15 year old boy that has been coming, named Julio. He speaks decent English and after class he said that my Spanish is pretty good. He is now officially my favorite student!!

For choir, there was a class taught by the stake music coordinator. It wasn't too exciting for many of us who already knew all of the stuff, but it was good for the people who were wanting to learn. We didn't even get to sing one song. There was food afterwards though. On the way out from to the parking lot, Paula's dad said that I played very nice at stake conference. He also said that I am learning Spanish. Talk about a needed boost for my self confidence!!

Wednesday, March 24
The kids are all very excited to go on our trip tomorrow. We finished packing and we're ready to go!

We had a pretty big earthquake last Saturday and another one today. People keep saying that they're expecting another big one since it's been about 30 years since the last one. Hopefully it'll hold off for a few more years!



No comments:

Post a Comment