Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3/30/10-4/3/10

Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Everybody is tired and trying to recover from the marathon trip to El Salvador. We tried to get back into the regular routine of things and get some school work done, but it's kind of hard since it is Semana Santa (Holy Week). There is no school for Alysa and Laina so they tried to help clean up the house. For lunch, all the kids went on a picnic to the park and played outside for about 5 hours. It was WONDERFUL! I was actually able to get a lot of stuff done that I needed to do!

Wednesday, March 31, 2010
After the kids finished school today, they all got to paint. They love to paint! Laina was a little bummed that we were out of finger paints and she had to use a paint brush!
Since it is Semana Santa, most people aren't working. Chris still had meetings in the morning, but was able to come home a little early today.

Thursday, April 1, 2010
Chris got to come home early again today. It is so hard to get back into a regular schedule when nothing is regular. Guess I'll have to wait until next week!

Friday, April 2, 2010
We went to central park this morning for the colored sawdust carpets and the parade they have. It was so crowded! It is always fun to go into bit crowds to watch a parade and have everybody watch us instead! The kids aren't going to know what to do when we go back to the states and they are not the center of attention wherever they go!
It was so crazy driving around town. It felt like a ghost town since everything was closed down and locked up tight!








This guy was working on putting fresh sawdust on the carpet.

All of the hard work is being shoveled up and put in the garbage.

The kids were so excited that their new favorite restaurant was open and we could go there for lunch. They love going on the big huge slides there.

Morgan and I started a new baby quilt. She was so happy to get to do a lot of the work herself. Granted that she had to do it three times to do it right!! It would have helped if I had paid attention to what she was doing and told her the correct way instead of unpicking my other quilt that I had messed up on!!

Saturday, April 3, 2010
We were able to enjoy watching general conference today. It is always nice to hear from the leaders of the church. It is always good to get reminders of what is really important. There is so much to improve on!
The kids finally got to decorate their Easter eggs. I didn't see a single item of Easter stuff for sale at the stores here so I was glad that I still had a set of egg dyes that I had brought with me from the states!

No comments:

Post a Comment