Sunday, March 7, 2010

3/7/10-3/13/10

Sunday, 3/7/10
Another lazy, lazy Sunday afternoon! There is a girl in the ward that is going to be playing the Sacrament hymn from now on. It's kind of cool to be able to sit down and sing a song. I don't get many opportunities to sing since I am usually playing the piano for all the meetings.

Monday, 3/8/10
We woke up this morning and the water was out. We figured it would come on eventually but it was out all day!! I never realized how many things we use water for! Fortunately, I have a good stock of hand sanitizer! The water finally came on about 7:00 at night so the kids could get bathed.

Tuesday, 3/9/10
So, Chris got up and showered this morning but the water went out again and he barely got rinsed off! I wasn't so lucky! I am blessed with great friends who let me go to their house and use their shower!! Thanks Lily! Of course the water came back on when I got home but then it went out again. There's some problems with the community's water pump apparently.
The piano class is going great....I think! I am trying to learn everyone's names. I have decided that it is difficult to teach piano in a group setting. There is such a variety in ages and learning speed. Some people are completely lost and others are probably getting bored.

Wednesday, 3/10/10
The water was still off this morning but the problem was fixed and came back on this afternoon! Now I have to catch up on a ton of dishes and laundry!
I just laughed out loud (and scared the kids!) when I was correcting Coles homework. He has to do some problem solving for different situations. The first problem reads:
There is a leak in the town's water system. Everyone's water has been shut off. How can you get water for drinking, cooking, and bathing?
Cole's reply: You can go to a different town for a vacation.
I am really looking forward to our "vacation"/mandatory leave from the country in a couple of weeks!

Thursday, 3/11/10
I went to the Relief Society activity for storing food. AWKWARD!! I was there with the Relief Society president and one other person! I didn't have any food to put in the mylar bags because I hadn't known when to pick up my order. I kept forgetting and I still don't know how much money I am supposed to pay! I feel like a flake but really, I'm not.
On the way home, we tried to go a different direction. This picture doesn't do the moment justice at all. We ended up going up the steepest road! At the bottom it turned into a dirt road and I figured we should turn around. Going back up I worried that we might not make it. With that said, there was this lady carrying a load of wood on her head walking back up this steep road! I wanted to get a picture of her little boy (You can't see him very well behind her but he looked to be about 6 years old) carrying his own load. By the time that I got the van turned around at the bottom and started back up, he had put his load down to take a break. I was so tempted to stop and offer them a ride to the top. I was a little worried that I might not get started again!

Friday, 3/12/10
I really do not like the dry season here. The kids and I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned some more. By the time Chris got home from work, the floors and everything else were already covered with a layer of dust! UGH! You know it's bad when you clean the shower and the next morning you turn the water on and the bottom of the tub turns black from the water mixing with all the dirt!

Saturday, 3/13/10
Cole and I have been craving our favorite Mexican pizza at Giuseppies. Chris was working really late last night so we waited to go today. Oh, it hit the spot. I can't believe how much we ate!
It was so gorgeous outside that all the girls wore capris! Usually we wear long pants year round here!


No comments:

Post a Comment