Thursday, September 15, 2011

8/15/11-8/21/11

Monday, August 15, 2011 through Sunday, August 21, 2011
The kids are starting to get a little bored and wanting to have some of their own space.  They have done really well with all of the changes, but they are ready to start school and get settled.  I don't blame them because I feel the same way!

Chris went to Hawaii for the first time this week.  It was pretty rough with a really long flight schedule and a four hour time difference.  He took some really pretty pictures from his hotel and brought back macadamia nuts and a hula skirt.  



I got to participate in Brittany's ward's service auction.  I won a basket of school supplies, and somebody else won the orange rolls that I made.  It was a lot of fun, and a nice change of pace for me.
Brittany got 4 cases of bananas (170#) for $8 today.  The produce manager called her and told her that he had some "old" ones.  They were better than a lot that were on the shelf for sale at the regular price!!  Everybody has been eating bananas like crazy.   We've frozen tons of them also.  We still need to make banana chips and banana bread!
Brittany and I took all the kids to the community pool.  It was great to get them out of the house.  Cole was working really hard to prepare for his aquanauts scouting badge next week.  Alysa learned how to put her face in the water without plugging her nose and Morgan passed the swim test so that she could go into the deep end.  She really wanted to go off the diving board, but couldn't quite get the nerve up.  Laina was content bouncing around in the kiddie pool with baby Lucy in her floaty.
This week has been a little discouraging.  Chris is frustrated with work and lonely without the family.  I've been wondering if we'll ever find a house that we like.  I sure hope we find one soon because school starts next Monday and we don't seem to be making any progress.
On Friday, all the kids went with me to Utah.  Chris flew all night from Hawaii, so he was asleep when we got there.   After he got up, we drove around forever looking at different areas.  We even drove out towards Tooele.  It was once again a day of frustration.  I just wish we could find what we want!
We continued to look at houses on Saturday with Brad.  We finally found 2 houses that might be possibilities.  One was the house that the kids and I looked at last weekend right after looking at the house we really liked.  We called it the "Smith house" because it is right behind a Smith's grocery store.  The other is the "single guy house".
We decided to go to church at one of the wards that the two houses are in.  One ward started at 9 and the other at 11:30.  Since we didn't even get up until almost 9, we opted to go to the 11:30 church.   Not a single person said hi to us until after the meeting.  I was getting very nervous that it was going to be a stuck up ward, but they seemed friendly enough.   We think that the owners of the Smith house were the ones that spoke!!
The rest of the day was spent at the park and relaxing at Claudia's while discussing the pros and cons of the two houses.
What a stressful time it is!

No comments:

Post a Comment