So, we finally put an offer in on a house. It is the "Smith" house. The more I think about it, the better I feel.
We weren't sure if I needed to be there to sign papers, so the kids and I hung out in SLC waiting to hear. We went to see Kung Fu Panda 2 at the dollar theatre, got Morgan a shirt for her birthday, had lunch with Chris, drove by the kids new school, (today was the first day of school!) and then headed back to Idaho. Now we get to play the waiting game to see if the offer is accepted and when we can move.
Tuesday, August 23, 2011
Our offer was countered and we accepted it! Let the paperwork begin! We are anticipated a close date of September 8th.
We still have bananas coming out of our ears here! Today we made banana pancakes, banana bread, and banana chips. I am surprised that nobody has thrown up from eating too many bananas!
Wednesday, August 24, 2011
Looked for moving quotes. Overwhelming!
Thursday, August 25, 2011
To add to our plethora of bananas, we went and picked apricots. There were 7 kids and 2 adults picking apricots on a huge tree. We ended up with so many apricots but it didn't even seem to make a dent in the amount on the tree! The kids really had fun climbing the tree and racing to fill up their buckets.
Afterwards, we cooled off by going to the community pool. The kids really like it there and are getting much more comfortable in the water. As we were getting ready to leave, Brittany called to tell me that the scout activity for that night was for the entire family at the community pool. I thought it was just for Cole or I wouldn't have taken everybody over during the day!!
Cole earned his aquanaut badge. He has been working really hard to do this and has made amazing improvements! Just think that less than a year ago, he couldn't swim at all!
Friday, August 26, 2011
Brittany and Meghan are both completely out of freezer space, so I talked them into canning apricots today. I found some jars at a garage sale this morning and Brittany's mother in law lent us her canner and helped us out. We ended up bottling 28 jars of apricots!
Another job opportunity has come up that doesn't involve having to travel to Hawaii, so Chris is going to change jobs!! He is also going to get to take two weeks of vacation time to hang out with us, get into the house, and then start the new position!! Good news!!
We did a little swap of families today. Chris came up from Utah and the Billings went down to Farmington to go to Lagoon. We kept Siena so it would be a little easier for Meghan and Tyler to enjoy their trip with Trey.
Saturday, August 27, 2011
The day began with Morgan and Cole walking down the street to go to a garage sale. They couldn't wait for me to get going. I was a little slow moving after my first night with a baby in a long time!
Tyler's office all went to Lagoon. One of the other physical therapist's family asked Cole to dog sit for them while they were gone. He was SOOOO excited to have his first real job! He had to go over to their house twice today to let the dogs out and to check their water. I was quite proud of him and his work ethic. He cleaned up everything after the dogs! I think most kids would have been tempted to just leave stuff!
We visited Shoshone Falls for a little while today. It is about 5 minutes from Meghan's house but we'd never gone. It was pretty cool to see.
Sunday, August 28, 2011
We took Siena to church with us. I forgot how much work little kids are! She was saying "hi" to everybody. She cracks me up! She finally got so tired that she fell asleep with Chris holding her!
As much as our kids want us to have another child, and as cute and fun as Siena is, I think I am done having little babies! They are so much work!!

No comments:
Post a Comment