Monday, September 26, 2011

9/5/11-9/11/11

Monday, September 5, 2011
Chris and I drove to Las Vegas today.  We tried something new and took a different highway that goes straight down from Twin Falls to Vegas going through Nevada.  We usually take the I-15 through Utah, but this way is much shorter.  It was a nice drive and so quiet without any kids!  We drove by our old house, neighborhood, etc.  We also stopped at the storage unit, and were greatly relieved that our stuff was still in there!!  I had a huge fear that the storage unit had accidently auctioned off our storage unit.  (I guess I've been watching too many episodes of 'Storage Wars'.
We stayed the night in the Aliante Station.  It was a big casino that opened up by our old house while we were there.  It was pretty nice and only a fraction of the cost of the not-so-nice hotel in Jackson Hole!

Tuesday, September 6, 2011
What a day!  Chris and I spent the entire day packing up the Uhaul.  There were many moments where we weren't thinking that everything was going to fit.  I was quite surprised that neither of us wanted to strangle the other at any point in the process!!  (Well, at least not on my part.  Chris might have felt differently!)  We got everything taken care of, except for the piano, which a worker in the storage unit office came out and helped us with.  I am quite proud of ourselves!
The kids were jealous that they didn't get to go through everything, but they had a fun time playing with their cousins in Idaho!
Once the storage unit was completely empty and the Uhaul was packed, we were exhausted!!  We did have enough energy to go buy my all time most favorite chips in the world.  I have only found them in Vegas, so I stocked up!  They are the Blazin' Buffalo and Ranch Doritos!!  DELICIOUS!!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011
We started the day relatively early since we were planning to drive all the way back to Idaho.  I drove the car and followed behind Chris in the Uhaul.  We made a stop at the Bottema's house in St. George.  It was great to see them again.  We will always have a great bond from our time in Guatemala!
The Uhaul was bouncing everywhere, but we made it to Salt Lake without any incidents.  We left the car in Salt Lake and continued on to Twin Falls for a late night arrival.  The kids were still up trying to finish their Harry Potter marathon!

Thursday, September 8, 2011
We had so much stuff in Idaho that we ended up renting a trailer for the back of the Uhaul to take all of it back down to Utah.  We spent another day packing and we're ready to head down to Utah in the morning.  Our loan papers are supposed to be signed tomorrow, so hopefully everything will go smoothly!

Friday, September 9, 2011
UGH!  The loan person isn't working today.  The previous owners have agreed to let us rent the house until the papers/funding go through.  They were supposed to be out in the morning, but they weren't even close when we arrived around 12:00!
We left the Uhaul/trailer in Farmington and drove down to Claudia's to pick up Chris's car and all of his stuff that had left there.  I can't believe how much stuff we have when we put it all together!
On our way back to Farmington, we got a call that the loan papers were actually going to be ready to sign and to come straight there.  There isn't much that I dislike more than having to sign my name repeatedly.  Each signature got progressively worse!
After signing the papers, the previous owners were still in the house!!  It wasn't cleaned even close to what we had expected, and there was still stuff in just about every closet that they had forgotten!  They were very apologetic and ordered pizzas for us for dinner though.
We spent the evening unloading as much as we could.  While working, a couple walked by and offered to come help us in the morning.  They are from our new ward and were very willing to help.  What a nice way to start a new life!
The kids were as happy as could be to eat pizza on a blanket, helping to unload, pick their rooms, and try to find some bedding in all of the chaos before going to sleep!

Saturday, September 10, 2011
Priorities, priorities....bright and early, Morgan and I took off to go to garage sales.  My allergies were soooo bad that I ended up stopping at Walgreens to get some medicine.
While we were gone, the guy that stopped by last night came and helped Chris unload all of the heavy stuff that we'd left in the truck.  They discovered that the doorway downstairs is just too small to fit our couches through.  So, for the time being we have our monsterous sectional taking up the entire upstairs living room!

The rest of the day was spent unpacking and trying to figure out where to put stuff.  The house is kind of screwy and definitely will be seeing some remodeling projects!  I haven't even taken any pictures because we've been so busy.


Sunday, September 11, 2011
Church was great today.  We met so many people.  The kids even went to their primary classes without much trouble.  Laina was a little hesitant, but apparently she's got the best teacher in the primary and ended up loving it!
We got a copy of the ward directory that has a map on it also.  It has every single house in the ward boundaries labelled with the address and family name or in the rare cases of a nonmember, it says 'neighbor'.  I would say that about 90% of our ward boundary are members!  After church, we drove around the boundaries and discovered that it goes up into the mountains where the houses are HUGE!  We are the second to last house on the other end of the boundaries.

No comments:

Post a Comment