Thursday, September 15, 2011

8/29/11-9/4/11

Monday, August 29, 2011
Since Chris is taking a couple of weeks off, I figured we should probably do something instead of sitting around my sisters' houses.  We decided to go on a quick road trip to Jackson Hole, Wyoming and Yellowstone National Park.   It was only about a four hour drive to get there.  The kids were happy since they were watching Redbox movies the whole way!
 Once we got there, we walked around the town for a while and realized how incredibly touristy it is!
Central Park area of Jackson Hole.



 In the evening they had a shoot out.  The kids really liked it.  Morgan said that she wants to be an actress and do something crazy like that.




Tuesday, August 30, 2011
We left Jackson Hole in the morning and drove through Grand Teton National Park.  There was something in the air and we were all suffering from allergies.  At one of the lakes that we went to, we ended up having to leave because I was sneezing so much.  It was beautiful there though. 
Grand Tetons


Messing around with the timer.  Not bad other than Morgan being in the shadows.
We continued on to Yellowstone.  The scenery was very similar to Alaska.  We didn't see any wildlife but it was still really fun.  The kids wanted to see Old Faithful, so that was the highest thing on our to do list.  
Old Faithful Geyser

Our only wildlife.
After being in the car for so long, we decided to head back.  It was pretty late and we had to get up early for a float trip the next morning!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011
The float trip ended up being a little boring, but it was still fun.  I was so worried that we were going to freeze.  It had been so cold the previous morning, but today it was pleasant.  We ended up just wearing one sweatshirt on the boat.  We saw an immature eagle up close.  We also saw a bald eagle flying.  
Hot air balloons in the back.




The kids were really anxious to get back to Twin Falls so they could go to their activities.  Cole had a service project for scouts, and Morgan had a stake youth swim party.  They weren't disappointed!


Thursday, September 1, 2011

Today was a rough day.  I can not wait until the next 1 1/2 weeks are done.  I am so ready to be in our house and to have a normal life again!

Friday, September 2, 2011
I finished up some projects that I had promised I'd help my sisters with.  Not much.  I feel like we are just killing time right now!

Saturday, September 3, 2011
Cole got to dog sit again this weekend.  He's being so responsible!

Sunday, September 4, 2011
This was our last Sunday in Idaho.  The kids are sad to go since they have made so many friends and have really become part of the ward here!
We are so exhausted in every way!


No comments:

Post a Comment