Monday, September 26, 2011

9/12/11-9/18/11

Monday, September 12, 2011
We were finally able to get the kids registered for school after what seemed like an eternity.  The kids are a little nervous to start school tomorrow, but I am more than ready!   I was also very disappointed to find out that kindergarten is half day and that Laina could only get in the afternoon class.  On a more positive note, her teacher is in our ward and we met her yesterday at church.  There is also another girl from primary that is in her class.
What little time that we had left over, we spent unpacking and shopping for hangers.  The two bedrooms downstairs do not have ANY closet organizers, not even a hanging rack.  We are going to have to get creative until we get a permanent solution put in place.

Tuesday, September 13, 2011
AHHHHH, the first day of school.  As excited as I was, it was also pretty tough to see the kids go.   I took Morgan to junior high first.  Yesterday, she had gotten to walk around the school to find out where her classes were and to get her locker figured out, but she was still very hesitant.  She asked if I would go in with her.  I thought that junior high kids were too embarrassed to have their parents around!  We got to her locker, she opened it, and then a girl screamed down the hall, "Morgan!!"  It was a girl that she had met the previous day at Young Women's.  They talked for a minute before I asked Morgan if I could go.  She said I could.  I whispered if it was appropriate to hug her or if that would embarrass her and she said no hugs.  We both got a good laugh out of it.
Then, on to elementary school.  Both Cole and Alysa were really nervous.  They did not want to leave my side.  I was supposed to go early so they could meet their teachers, but neither of the teachers were in their rooms.  We ended up going back to Alysa's class and found her teacher.  Alysa was trying so hard to be brave.  We stayed with her until the teacher took her out to get the rest of the class.  We then sprinted out to the portable to find Cole's teacher.  The class had just started so I couldn't really talk much.  Cole also looked like a deer in the headlights, but he went and sat down.
Laina and I walked back home by ourselves.  It was the longest walk ever!  She had to stop and look at every little thing.  She sure enjoys chasing grasshoppers!
Laina discovered the mini shopping carts at Smiths and is now wanting to go grocery shopping EVERY DAY!  We are still trying to restock the kitchen, so we headed to Smiths.  We loaded up on a bunch of lunch meat and cheese.  While there, I met a lady buying the same stuff.  We got to talking and she said that she had just finished picking peaches.  I said that I really needed to get to know somebody with a peach tree because the grocery store prices were so expensive!  She said that if we checked out at the same time, she'd grab me a bag from her car.   We went our separate ways and I forgot all about it until we were loading up the van and a car drove over, stopped, and she jumped out with a bag of peaches for me.  How nice was that?? They were delicious!!
A little while later, it was time to take Laina to class.  She was bouncing off the walls until we got to the school and she freaked out!  She would not let go of me for anything.  I ended up staying and being the parent volunteer for the day.  Her teacher is great and put me right to work instead of making me feel awkward about not leaving!  It also really helped Laina to calm down and get used to things.  After a little while she looked at me and said, "It's o.k. for you to go now Mommy."  And that was it.
I had a nice quiet walk back home just in time to get the van and drive back to the junior high to pick up Morgan.  She had a great day and only got lost once.  Her schedule had a room number error on it so it wasn't even her fault.  She ended up going to the office to get help.  She had girls from church sit with her at lunch and she was smiling when she got in the car.  I think she is going to really enjoy being in junior high.
At 3:25, I had end of the first day of school overload!  I was walking all 3 kids home and they were talking nonstop!  Cole got to play kickball.  Alysa finally has new friends and got to go to dance class.  Laina had two kids both wanting to be her recess partner, etc.   By the time we got home, my head was spinning with all the news.  We attempted to figure out the homework schedule all at the same time.  We are really going to have to come up with a better plan of attack for after school!
Our sanity was saved when the Elders Quorum president showed up with ice cream and root beer for us to make root beer floats for dessert!  YUM!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011
We have been trying to figure out the bus schedule for Morgan and finally found out what bus number she is supposed to be on.  She is scared to death of riding the bus though!
I walked Alysa and Cole just to the main cross walk and then let them go the rest of the way by themselves.  It was so sad watching Alysa looking around not really sure where she was supposed to be. After school she told me that she had cried.  Poor girl!  She now knows where to go though!
We have had somebody from the new ward visit us each day this week.  Tonight was the big one though.  The RS President and counselor came by.  They brought me a bag of peaches and veggies from their garden!  We had a nice chat and got to know them better.  Immediately after them, the entire bishopric showed up!!  What a nice bunch of people.  Our ward seems like it is going to be great.

Thursday, September 15, 2011
Just mentioning Morgan riding the bus today sent her into tears.  This isn't going to be pretty!  Yup, I ended up driving her again!
Cole got to go to a stake scout activity.  It was for all the boys that will be turning 11 and going into Boy Scouts next year.  Chris took him and said that he was holding back a little but still willing to participate. I really hope that he has a good scout group....especially after how wonderful the group was in Idaho!

Friday, September 16, 2011
 Chris took the day off so he got to go with us to take Morgan to her bus stop and make sure she got on
o.k.  She has heard so many horror stories about junior high and buses that she is really freaked out!
After Morgan left, then Chris got to walk the other kids to school.  He called me worried that Alysa was in the wrong place.  He was more worried about them than they were!
We broke down today and got a Costco membership.  Laina had to be at school at 11:25 so we all enjoyed a nutritious lunch of Costco pizza before heading back to the school.
Chris and I picked the 3 kids up from school and then waited for Morgan to come home.  I was so worried that she'd get on the wrong bus or miss her stop, but she did fine.  She came home with a great big grin and said that riding the bus might be more fun than driving with me!  I should be insulted, but I'm not!!

Saturday, September 17, 2011
It's getting closer to fall which means the end of garage sale season so we're trying to make the most out of it as we can.  Laina and Morgan joined me this week.  We ended up with a desk for Morgan and a dresser for Cole.  Cole is still upset that his old dresser is now being used by the girls!  I promised him that I'd repaint it eventually.
The rest of the day again was filled with unpacking, cleaning, and just trying to put our lives in order!  I looked at my watch and realized it was 6:15 and I hadn't even thought about dinner.  I thought I'd do something different and walk to Papa Johns to grab a pizza real quick.  Laina and Alysa joined me.  While we were waiting, we went over to Smith to get some drinks.  I got a little carried away and realized after we had bought a cart full of stuff that I didn't have the car!!  Oops!!  I had to call Chris and have him send Morgan and Cole to help carry groceries home!

Sunday, September 18, 2011
This ward doesn't waste time!!  Our records are already here and we were officially welcomed into the ward.  Not only that, but Chris was given a calling after church!!  I still have a little time to relax before I am put to work!
Nope, still no pictures of the house.  Someday I will get around to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment