After another stop for some cleaning stuff, we decided that we couldn't fit it in the car. Chris took the stuff back to the house while I took the kids to the food court for lunch. We stopped at the bathroom on the way and that was an experience all of it own!! I took the little girls in and got in line. After being cut in front of several times, I realized that there wasn't a line. Each stall had its own line. We finally got a stall and then there was no toilet paper. I thought it was quite ironic that the day before Chris asked somebody how to say toilet paper in Spanish. That night I told him that I had learned my word of the day. It really paid off when I had to find somebody to get us some papel de bano!!
After the 1/2 hour bathroom trip, we finally made our way to Subway. I had ordered there before and knew I could do it but I wanted to learn the Spanish words. While the kids tried to figure out what they wanted, I got out my Spanish dictionary and started looking up the words for olives, pickles, lettuce, etc. A young lady at the table next to us must have noticed my dictionary and came over and asked me in English if I would like some help. I was so pleased that somebody was being friendly to us and not staring!! I told her that I was trying to do it on my own and that if I got stuck I would ask her to help me. I managed to muffle my way through on my own but made sure to thank her for her support!! By the time we sat down to eat, Chris was back from the house. We grabbed some more cleaning stuff and headed back to the house again. After having the exterminators bomb the place, we had a little cleaning to do before the beds arrived. We got the bedrooms cleaned out and that was about it. The beds were supposed to be there between 3 and 5. At about 5:30 Chris said we'd probably have to check back into a hotel. He left to go to the store to find out what was happening. He gave the security guard his cell number and asked him to call if the stuff arrived. Shortly after he left, I looked out the window and saw a little Toyota truck with a ton of mattresses on it coming. Of course I start to panic a little that Chris isn't there and I don't know if I'll be able to communicate well enough. I sucked it up, opened the door, and tried my best. One of the guys said that he could speak a little English. So, between my little Spanish and his little English we got it taken care of until Chris got back. The guard had called Chris and he drove like a maniac to get back!!
It was like Christmas for the kids when we opened up their beds and put their bedding on. Laina jumped up on her bed and with a huge grin said "Thank you mommy!!" Cole said that he is so happy to be in a real bed again. It just got better when they got to start unpacking their clothes and the limited toys that they brought.
We had to wait around for the delivery of the fridge, stove, and washer so it was once again very late by the time we got dinner. It is a good thing that the beds were made before we left because everybody was ready for bed when we got back!

You are superwoman! I love reading about your adventure. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you made it and that things are going well. It's such a blessing that the flights went well and that you had your posh 1st class seats. I LOVE reading about every detail. Post pictures when you can!
ReplyDelete--Jamie