Today wasn't the best day. The morning started out good with a trip to central square with the family. After that though, it went down hill.I had disaster after disaster. (O.K. So, I'm a little dramatic!!) I tried to make salsa.....it turned out disgusting! I tried to make stroganoff for dinner and I could barely gag it down! I tried to make my chocolate chip cookies and they were edible but definitely nothing like my usual ones!! It is amazing how much of a difference the ingredients make here!! In addition to my horrible cooking, I decided to venture out on my own to go to a Relief Society activity at the church. It was my first time driving and it was quite stressful! When I got to the church, the gates were locked and nobody was there. I thought maybe it was just the Latin time so I waited around for about 20 minutes and still nobody showed up so I headed home. It takes a lot of courage to go somewhere for the first time anywhere you move but it was 10x worse when I knew I couldn't communicate very well and that I would stick out like a sore thumb. I had spent quite a while trying to get my nerve up to go so when I did go and nobody was there, it was quite the let down. I later found out that the person who had translated the announcement for me had mixed up the days.
In addition to those disappointments, Morgan crashed on her razor and skinned up her knees and hand pretty good.
Needless to say, it was a trying day for me. I do have to say that I am shocked that it took this long to have a bad day!!

No comments:
Post a Comment