We have hit our one month mark in Guatemala....and survived!! I can not believe how fast it has gone. At the same time though, it seems like it's been forever since we were in the States. Whenever I get frustrated with my Spanish, Chris reminds me that we've only been here a month.
Yesterday (the 24th) marked a milestone for me. I drove into/around town myself!! Chris had some work to so the kids and I went exploring. I didn't even get lost on the roads I'd never been on! I even went into a convenience store and bought a soda for Chris! One of my main areas of focus right now is understanding the numbers when people say them to me. Since $1 = Quetzales 8, everything is in big numbers!! I do fairly well up to 10 but past that is another story. Luckily at the convenience store the soda was only Q7.
Cole has inherited his dad's work ethic. He is constantly helping out and doing stuff around the house. You just suggest that something needs to be done, and he does it. He has desperately wanted to get a bike for a while so Chris finally decided that he has earned one. The two of them went shopping today and came home with a bike. The kid was in high heaven!! The bike has pegs on the front and the back so him and Morgan rode around forever. They even rode over to the security guard and said Hola. It is definitely hard for the kids to break out of their shell and try to talk to people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I'm so loving your posts. I can't believe it has been a month already!!
ReplyDelete