Monday, March 16, 2009

3/15/09-3/16/09



Church today was another 3 hours of brain overload! I try to listen but don't understand 99% of it!! The 3 older kids went to class with Chris to translate and I went to the Sunbeams class with Laina. I figured the 3 year old class was more my level!! (: After church it took us about an hour to leave. Everybody was coming up and talking to us. I was pretty excited because I was able to recognize a few people. Remembering (or even pronouncing) their names is another story!! The little kids love following Alysa and Laina around.
On Monday, we went to see the Beehive School. I am pretty excited about it since it is bilingual so the kids will learn Spanish. I was really excited to find out that our new friend, Lily, will be Alysa's teacher for the English part of the day. Alysa is definitely the most timid of the bunch so we were a little worried about her not wanting to go to school. At the school, they have 1/2 day in English and 1/2 day in Spanish. The school year runs from January to October here. Since the Morgan and Cole have already finished half of 4th and 2nd grade, we opted to move them up to 3rd and 5th rather than have them repeat all of their current grades. It will probably also help with the difference in physical size!! Another advantage to the Beehive School is that Laina will also be able to attend the preschool. Since classes run from 7-1, we've got some work to do to be able to get up and ready by then! The school also mentioned something about having cub scouts, ballet, karate, and some other sports. It is also cheaper than the American school...and closer!! If all goes well, the kids will probably start next week.
Photo: On the way home today, there was a crew of guys putting up telephone wires. Rather than having one of those fancy trucks with the ladder that goes up, they use their little Toyota with 3 wood ladders roped together going straight up!! I can't imagine trying to climb up that ladder!!

No comments:

Post a Comment